Week 2 left me feeling a little bored… I didn’t vary my plan enough and got frustrated eating a lot of the same things. Other than that I think week 2 went very good. My breastmilk supply is still on the up and up, and my jeans have been fitting a lot better. I even ventured out to eat with my husband this week for a date night. My hubs isn’t Paleo, but we are both trying to eat better so we went to Chipotle and enjoyed a delicious salad bowl. I checked out several pages that recommended Chipotle for eating Paleo but cautioned to only order the Pork Carnitas because it was one of the only meats not cooked in Soybean Oil (Which is a huge Paleo no-no). I was happy to learn when we were there that they have discontinued the use of soybean oil, and replaced it with sunflower oil due to GMOs. Go Chipotle!
Speaking of having a husband who isn’t Paleo – I was asked several times this week if everyone in my home eats what I eat. The short answer is yes. The long answer? My husband takes care of his own meals for breakfast and lunch. He is counting calories and not Paleo. My son eats the same breakfast everyday – a bar and a fruit/veggie pouch. For lunch he usually requests the same 3-4 things. Almond butter/Jelly, Turkey Roll Ups, Hotdogs, or Eggs. He still also eats some dairy, but no milk. At dinner everyone eats what I cook. Eventually I’d like to get my son on a Paleo diet too, but I need to be more consistent in it myself before I start to break him up from his bread and yogurt.
We got a little off our Week 2 Meal Plan, so this week I am going to really dig into some books for variety and stick to it so we aren’t short leftovers for leftover night!
Don’t forget you can download my free Paleo Grocery List Printable here!
- Breakfast: Banana, Almond Butter, Coconut Flakes.
- Lunch: Chicken Sausages, Plantain Chips, Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms.
- Dinner: Roasted Stuffed Peppers with Grass-fed Beef, Raos Tomato Sauce, Onions, Mushrooms, and loads of Garlic. (The whole family loves these.)
- Breakfast: Coconut Flakes, Almond Butter, Banana, and Blueberries.
- Lunch: Avocado dressing, Romaine, Olives, Cherry Tomatoes, Broccoli, Mushrooms, Canadian Bacon. (Check out out my creamy avocado dressing recipe.)
- Dinner: Slow Cooker Greek Chicken, Artichokes, Kalamata Olives, Roasted Red Peppers, served with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Cucumbers.
- Snack: Cashew, Raisins, Pineapple.
Boring day… Too tired to cook so did something simple. – Also 1/3 Way Done!!
- Breakfast: Canadian Bacon with yellow mustard, Cashews, and Applesauce (unsweetened).
- Lunch: Leftover Roasted Peppers… added Avocado.
- Dinner: My easy go-to meal. Chicken Apple Sausage, Peppers, and Sweet Potatoes.
- Breakfast: Monkey Salad, Bananas, Coconut Flakes, Almond Butter, Blueberries.
- Lunch: Nitrate Free Turkey, Carrots, Olives, Mandarin, Guacamole.
- Dinner: DIY Lettuce Tacos. Grass-fed Beef, Caramelized Onions, Olives, Tomatoes, Pico De Gallo, Peppers, Mini Romaine Lettuce Cups
- Breakfast: more Monkey Salad… My hubs bought a ton of bananas and a huge lot of blueberries. They need to be eaten.
- Lunch: Bacon, Romaine, Cucumbers, Peppers, homemade Vinaigrette.
- Dinner: Was planned to be leftovers… Problem… We ate them all. Which means I needed to tweak the meal plan. Fallback to the freezer staple of chicken sausages (which I’m actually getting a bit sick of) served with roasted Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Sweet Potatoes.
This was one of my favorite days this week!
- Breakfast: Tomatoes, Blueberries, Bacon, Cashews.
- Lunch: Leftover Greek Chicken added Raos Sauce.
- Dinner: Steak, garlicky Green Beans, Mushrooms, Olives.
Two weeks in baby! Not a perfect day, but a good one. On the go breakfast again… I escaped that all week and was bummed to do it today, but it was this or nothing.
- Breakfast: Larabar and Banana.
- Lunch: Canadian Bacon, Turkey, Sweet Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli, and Guac with Pico De Gallo. So full!!
- Dinner: Date night with the hubs! Pork Salad bowl. Carnitas, Veggies, Lettuce, Tomato Salsa, and Guacamole. Delicious!
Week 3 Meal Plan:
- Monday: Zoodles and Garlic Shrimp (was on week 2’s menu plan but we didn’t get to it!)
- Tuesday: Rosemary Turkey Burgers
- Wednesday: Rosemary Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Veggies
- Thursday: Slow Cooked Brazilian Chicken Curry (recipe)
- Friday: Steak with Garlic Grean Beans
- Saturday: Leftovers
- Sunday: Roasted Chicken and Greek Salad
How do you keep from food boredom in the kitchen? Any favorite paleo recipes to share?
Catch up on my Week 1 Whole30 Food Diary!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016
- Watch Disney’s MOANA in Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime - November 22, 2016