Do you ever have a moment when you say to yourself “Why on Earth did I wait so long to try that”? When I switched over to the Paleo approach to eating I discovered I loved foods and ingredients I’d previously shied away from.
One of those things being Apple Cider Vinegar. I love my Braggs and I pretty much use it daily. There are seriously so many ways you can use Apple Cider Vinegar, and incorporating even just a few of these will benefit you in ways you might not have previously thought of.
Before we get into all the great ways you can use apple cider vinegar I wanted to mention why it’s important to by the organic apple cider vinegar that comes with the ‘mother’. The ‘mother’ is made up of enzymes like connected protein molecules with living nutrients and bacteria. This is where you get the most health benefits from the vinegar. Apple cider vinegar can be very strong. Always dilute it before drinking or putting it on your skin. Additionally if you don’t like the taste of it at first you can always add honey, a small amount of pure maple syrup, or even fruit juice to make it more palatable.
10 Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar
- For Weight Loss – Add two tablespoons in an 16 oz glass of water every morning. I like to drink it first thing, but others prefer to sip it through out the day. Apple cider vinegar has shown to help fight cravings, lower blood sugar, and has been shown to reduce belly fat and body weight in some studies.
- Stay Regular – Drinking it daily can help to keep your body moving regularly and flush out toxins that keep you backed up.
- Make Your Hair Shine – Re-purpose an old shampoo bottle by filling it with 1/2 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 water. Put onto your hair several times a week after shampooing to use it as a rinse. It will boost your hair’s body and shine!
- Incorporate it into Foods for More Flavor – My absolute favorite way to do this is as a dressing on salads, but adding apple cider vinegar to sauces gives them a fresh and new taste. See Recipe Below for my super easy and tasty Apple Cider Vinaigrette!
- Clean Produce – Using a mixture of 1/2 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 hydrogen peroxide will remove pesticides and other chemicals from fruits and vegetables.
- Soothe Sunburns – Add a cup of apple cider vinegar to your bath and soak for 10 minutes to help reduce the sting of a sunburn.
- Unclog Your Drains – Mix together 1/2 cup table salt and 1/2 cup of baking soda and pour the mixture down your clogged drain. Next add 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar. The vinegar will react with the previous mixture giving off a harmless gas. Let sit for 2 hours and flush with hot or boiling water.
- Fight Acne and Blemishes – Use it as a toner to help fight break outs. Be sure to dilute the apple cider vinegar first. Typically a 1 part ACV to 2 parts water would work, but if your skin is very sensitive you may have to dilute it more.
- Wash Windows – Use apple cider vinegar to get a very clean streak free shine. Use 1/2 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 water. Some people prefer to use alcohol in place of water, but I find that water does just fine.
- Brighten Teeth – Get rid of stains on your teeth by using apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball rubbed directly on your teeth. Rinse well afterwards or even brush to remove the acid from your teeth.
I have to say my favorite way to use apple cider vinegar is a toss up between drinking it and cooking with it. Recently I’ve been making a lot of this super easy Apple Cider Vinaigrette. It’s more flavorful than any dressing I’ve bought at the store, and it’s made with clean, fresh, and paleo and 21 Day Sugar Detox approved ingredients. I use it as a dressing or a marinate for chicken, fish, or vegetables!
- Mix all ingredients with a whisk and serve
I don't every measure my ingredients anymore. I just use what looks right. Adjust the ratios as needed.
I know what I’m having for lunch! Doesn’t that look so delicious!
What is your favorite way to use Apple Cider Vinegar?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016
- Watch Disney’s MOANA in Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime - November 22, 2016