We have all heard the saying “Eat A Rainbow” meaning that when you are creating your meals each day you should add a wide variety of fruits and vegetables of lots of color to your meals. I love this super simple acai bowl recipe to start our day by eating a rainbow!
A few months ago on Instagram I noticed everyone in my steam seemed to be sharing these delicious healthy breakfasts or snacks that looked like frozen yogurt and fruit. Upon further investigation I realized they were actually eating an Acai Bowl. Of course my curiosity got the better of me and I was finally able to try one myself. I loved it. It was even more amazing than the pictures made it out to be. Problem was it wasn’t very pocket book friendly.
I probably should let you know that Acai is actually a berry! It’s from South and Central America and the pulp contains more antioxidants than blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, or raspberries. Some people strongly believe that it also helps to promote weight loss, I personally think it’s delicious!
Thankfully I learned that Acai Bowls aren’t too hard to make at home! Several local stores to me carried Sambazon frozen packets of Acai! With only 110 calories you can enjoy them frozen like a Popsicle or blend them up to make your own easy acai bowl recipe!
An Acai Bowl recipe is really a super simple recipe. Kids can help assemble the bowls. My son likes to push the blender buttons! (We use a BlendTec and it’s awesome. Easily one of the best kitchen investments I’ve made!)
- 2 frozen acai packets
- 1 banana
- shredded coconut
- Chia seeds
- Any additional topping you want
- Blend the frozen acai and the banana in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- If you wanted only one serving ½ the recipe.
- Pour in a bowl and top it off with your favorite fruits and berries, coconut, granola....whatever you'd like to add!
I personally love adding Chia seeds in anywhere I can! They are filled with omega 3 and healthy protein. Plus they add a little texture that makes this acai bowl recipe perfection!
Some of my other recipes with chia seeds are:
What would you add to your acai bowl recipe?
Related articles across the web
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016