(If you are just here for the simple green smoothie – skip to the bottom!)
I hope everyone had a nice Easter with their family, and if you didn’t celebrate it you were able to get out and enjoy the gorgeous weather the whole country seemed to be enjoying. We enjoyed our last weekend with the Hubs before he leaves for another deployment by going to see the Hoover Dam, a community egg hunt (which I will never do again…), and a low key Easter Sunday.
Anyone else feel like this when Monday rolls around?
This week I’m starting something different. I’ve signed up to do the Tone It Up Bikini Series 8 week challenge. It’s a nutrition plan with workouts included. Since I’m trying to take it slow back at running post stress fracture (which I’m not entirely convinced is fixed yet…) I thought this would be a really good way to focus on my weight loss.
To just start that (since the challenge doesn’t start until April 13th) I decided to do a 7 day Slim Down from Tone it Up as well. I’ll still share my meal plans for the week, but they are all pretty much mirrors of each other… (protein, greens, quinoa…) So not fun and diverse, but I’m pretty certain it will help clean up my diet and get me used to eating several meals a day again.
- Monday: Honey Chicken, roasted broccoli, quinoa (I’m not sure if honey is allowed, but if I’m going to expect my family to eat the same food as me – I can’t give them the same food every night…)
- Tuesday: Garlic Shrimp, Zoodles, Spinach, Quinoa
- Wednesday: Lemon Garlic Chicken, Salad, Quinoa
- Thursday: Cashew Salmon, Roasted Veggies, Quinoa
- Friday: Lemon Shrimp, Green Beans, Quinoa
- Saturday: Balsamic Chicken, Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Sunday: Ground Turkey Taco Salad
One of the things that is different for the 7 Day Slim Down is they have you working out 2 times a day. Their “Booty Call” workout is 30 minutes cardio first thing in the AM. This can be walking, running, HIIT, or one of their videos, but it can also be yoga. Then you have a second workout that involves cardio and a specific focus.
- Monday: (AM) Booty Call Workout (PM) Full Body Workout + 30 Minutes Cardio (Bike)
- Tuesday: (AM) Booty Call Workout (PM) Ab Routine + 30 Minutes Cardio (Swim)
- Wednesday: (AM) Booty Call Workout (PM) Ab Routine + 30 Minutes Cardio (Bike)
- Thursday: (AM) Booty Call Workout (PM) Ab Routine + 30 Minutes Cardio (HIIT)
- Friday: (AM) Booty Call Workout (PM) Ab Routine + 30 Minutes Cardio (Swim)
- Saturday: (AM) Booty Call Workout (PM) Ab Routine + 30 Minutes Cardio (Bike)
- Sunday: (AM) Booty Call Workout (PM) Ab Routine + 30 Minutes Cardio (HIIT)
I’m going to follow it to the best of my abilities – but if I miss a workout I’m also not going to stress. Fingers crossed I can do it!
Finally – If you follow me on Instagram you know I love green smoothies. So much so I’ve joined @simplegreensmoothies and am doing a 30 day green smoothie challenge. Day 1 I used one of my favorite and super simple green smoothie recipes.
- 1 cup water (substitute water for a creamier smoothie)
- 2-3 small handfuls fresh spinach.
- ⅓ cup frozen mango
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- Combine all ingredients
So easy, and SO delicious. I like using water because it’s a pre-workout smoothie for me, but you could substitute the milk of your choice – especially if you are using it for post workout protein boost!
What do you like in your smoothies??
How often do you change up your workouts?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016
- Watch Disney’s MOANA in Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime - November 22, 2016