Pumpkin Spice Banana Breakfast if full of healthy and flavorful fall ingredients but I feel like the title of this is a little deceiving. Yes, this makes a wonderful breakfast, but it was originally created out of a need to give my son a healthy “dessert” after dinner one night, and after one bite it became an instant hit.
I’m not a pie person, but I’m thinking this would be a great alternative when everyone is chowing down on pie at the holidays and you want to stick with your goals. I actually ate it prior to my last long training run, and it was the perfect balance of sugar, fat, and fuel for me.
I love anything pumpkin (except pumpkin pie – I know I’m weird), and it appears that I have passed on that love to my oldest son. He loves this and is always asking for it. I added Maple Syrup to this, but you could easily substitute local honey or agave if you were looking for something even a bit healthier.
You could also substitute raisins for dried cranberries or cherries for a brighter flavor.
So you decide if this Pumpkin Spice Banana breakfast will be a breakfast, snack, or dessert – because no matter when you eat it, I promise you will love it!
When I put together this recipe – I pretty much eyeball it, but here is a rough idea of what I do.
- 1 Banana
- ½ cup of raisins
- 1-2 T of shredded coconut
- 1-2 T of chopped walnuts (or any nut)
- 1 drizzle of Maple Syrup
- Generous sprinkle of Pumpkin Spice
- Cut banana
- Add raisins, coconut, and nuts, and maple syrup
- Mix up
- Top with Pumpkin Spice
Did you try my Pumpkin Spice Banana Breakfast recipe? Let me know what you think!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016
- Watch Disney’s MOANA in Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime - November 22, 2016