Starting this Saturday the Nevada Ballet Theater’s The Nutcracker will be performing at the Smith Center for the Performing Arts and I have a discount code for anyone of my readers that would like to attend!
When I was a little girl I can still remember the excitement of getting all dressed up to go to see the Joffrey Ballet perform the Nutcracker in Chicago. I can still remember it all so clearly – walking to the theater in my fancy shoes, the smell of the theater, the size of the performance hall, and the amazing dancers. This was something I loved as a child and I’m so excited that now as an adult I get to share this experience with my boys. We are thrilled to be attending the Nevada Ballet Theater’s The Nutcracker this year and I hope it will be as special to them as it was to me.
About Nevada Ballet Theater’s The Nutcracker:
Las Vegas’ favorite holiday tradition returns to light up your season! Featuring a full orchestra and larger than life landscapes, Nevada Ballet Theatre’s The Nutcracker has been hailed as “the most visually beautiful production ever staged in Reynolds Hall” by the Las Vegas Sun. Enter into a wonderland of moonlit snow and waltzing flowers as Clara and her Nutcracker Prince dance along the border between imagination and reality.
Show Fun Facts:
- This is NBT’s fourth year presenting The Nutcracker at The Smith Center (NBT is the Resident Ballet Company)
- This version, choreographed by James Canfield, debuted in 2012…
- This Nutcracker was James Canfield’s first full-length ballet for the company….
- 8 performances – all with full orchestra (Members of the Las Vegas Philharmonic)
- Evening and matinee performance are available
- History Fact: Nevada Ballet Theatre has been presenting The Nutcracker for over 30 years in Las Vegas (various versions)
- This Nutcracker is the first production of its kind built specifically for the Reynolds Hall stage
- NBT’s Nutcracker is a “larger than life” production….life sized Victorian dollhouse, 30 ft. tall Christmas tree, doors and grandfather clocks that are 15 feet tall…!
- NBT’s Nutcracker features students from NBT’s affiliated Academy and Education and Outreach program, Future Dance, which complement this cast of approx. 100 performers
- Guests can enjoy the holiday boutique in the lobby and Nutcracker character photos on the Nutcracker red carpet will be available
To Purchase Tickets:
Tickets start at just $29 plus fees and can be purchased by visiting TheSmithCenter.com. The Nevada Ballet is kindly offering Our Knight Life readers 20% off just by clicking on that link or using code Save20! This is a very family friendly event. When I asked if my three year old would be okay to attend (because we all know toddlers don’t always sit well or stay quiet for long periods of time), I was told “absolutely”!
The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, Reynolds Hall – With Orchestra featuring members of the Las Vegas Philharmonic
- Saturday, December 12, 2015 7:30pm
- Sunday, December 13, 2015 1:00pm & 5:30pm
- Friday, December 18, 2015 7:30pm
- Saturday, December 19, 2015 2:00pm & 7:30pm
- Sunday, December 20, 2015 1:00pm & 5:30pm
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016