Happy National Pecan Day!! I have to be honest, I love the national day stuff! I think it’s a fun way to learn about something or try a new recipe.
For instance, did you know that Pecans aren’t actually nuts? (I didn’t!) According to Wikipedia the Pecan is technically a Drupe! A Drupe is a fruit with a single stone or pit, surrounded by a husk.
I didn’t used to like Pecans, but as I grew up I actually really enjoy them now. I use them in all sorts of things, but mostly oatmeal or granola.
From breakfast to dinner, desserts and snacks, here are SEVEN pecan recipes you will want to try today!
Make sure you stop by the original blog post if you plan on pinning them for later use!
- White Chocolate Pecan Cookies – Getting My Healthy On
- Go Nutty Green Smoothie – Our Knight Life
- Honey Pecan Crusted Chicken – Healthy Helper Blog
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats – Our Knight Life
- Butterscotch Pecan Butter – Ari’s Menu
- Pecan Paprika Talapia on Bacon Brussel Sprouts – The Fit Fork
- Kid-Friendly Nutty Granola – Our Knight Life
So what do you say? Are you going to give this Drupe disguised as a nut a try for National Pecan Day? I think that Tilapia recipe and cookies will be on my menu plan for tonight for sure!
Do you love Pecans? Share your favorite way to enjoy them in the comments below!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016
- Watch Disney’s MOANA in Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime - November 22, 2016