This weekend I was asked to come be among the first people to watch The Jungle Book at AMC Prime at Dolby Cinema, and I have to tell you, I’m a little worried I may have been spoiled by the amazing new luxury theater.
First off, when you are walking in, you are greeted by a preview of the movie on a beautiful screen in the entry way to the theater. I mean, it was so nice I wouldn’t have minded popping a seat right there and watching the movie. The boys loved it. They could get right up close and thought it was “the coolest” according to my six year old.
The next thing you’ll notice is that you aren’t stumbling to your seats! The hallways are wide and very well lit to see where you are going, and once you are seated there is still enough room for people can get up and run for more snacks or to use the bathrooms without making everyone move.
Now that you are in your seat, you’re probably already completely sold on this new theater experience. The recliner-style seats have buttons to adjust the back and feet to your liking. The seats are in pairs with an arm rest that moves up to make them love sofa style seats if you so choose. I loved this feature! I can imagine how nice it will be to snuggle in with my husband the next time we visit, but it was perfect for my son too! There were a few spots in the movie that were a little intense, and he curled right into me as if we were on the sofa watching it together. It made it a really nice way to watch the movie. Recliner seats aren’t just great for adults. They are perfect for younger kids in longer movies. My son was able to switch positions the 12,000 times he does in two hours without bothering anyone! He had enough spaces to move and stay comfortable, which was great!
So far, I’ve talked about how cool the theater looked, how easy it is to navigate, and how amazing the seats are, but let’s talk about the picture on the screen! I honestly felt like I was watching the movie on a brand new state of the art HD screen! It was so crisp, bright, and the resolution was stunning. Walt Disney Pictures worked hard on the details of the animals in the movie, and this was the way to watch it!
The Jungle Book was the perfect movie to watch in this new theater. The sound and picture almost made you feel like you were actually in the jungle with Mowgli and all the animals. This version had a lot more action in it as well as a few intense scenes that made us jump in our recliners! There wasn’t as much music as the original version, but the few classics were still included. There was really something for kids and adults alike to enjoy in this film, and I personally really loved this version.
The Jungle Book is in theaters now! Don’t miss your chance to see it today in Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime!
- Arizona – AMC Desert Ridge
- California – AMC Burbank 16, AMC Century City 15, AMC NewPark 12
- Georgia – AMC North Point Mall 12
- Illinois – AMC Hawthorne 12
- Missouri – AMC BarryWoods 24
- New York – AMC Empire 25
- New Jersey – AMC Garden State 16
- Nevada – AMC Town Square 18
- Texas – AMC Deerbrook 24, AMC Willowbrook 24, AMC NorthPark 15
- Virginia – AMC Hampton Town Centre 24
- Washington – AMC River Park Square 20
- Washington DC – AMC Tysons Corner 16
Connect with The Jungle Book
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016