You guys do I have a super yummy recipe to share today! These Zucchini Egg Breakfast Muffins are a hit at my home, and I love that I can make them and have a grab/go breakfast which is PERFECT for getting in the swing of going back to school! My son even asked for some in his lunch the other day. (Skip to the end if you are just here for this delicious breakfast recipe!)
Can you believe it’s Monday again? How about the fact that my oldest went back to school last Monday and my baby starts Preschool in a few weeks!! Where did summer go!?!?
Fall baseball has also begun. With two kids playing that pretty much means baseball 5 days a week!! Good thing they love playing and I love watching them play. K is really getting so much better! The coordination skills and drills are so helpful for him even outside of baseball.
This is D’s first season with the little league! He’s so excited to be playing. I think toddler Tball is just about as cute as it gets!!
With school and baseball back in session I really need to be on top of meal planning and have lots of quick options for us!
Weekly Meal Plan:
Breakfasts: Breakfast muffins (see recipe below), protein shakes, overnight oats, or my current favorite Special K protein cereal. My boys pretty much eat the same or their fav cereals (Kashi and Kix).
Lunch: Leftovers or Salad with chicken/fish
- Monday: Chicken with mixed veggies and brown rice
- Tuesday: Ground Turkey burrito bowls
- Wednesday: Chicken Sausages with roasted veggies and quinoa
- Thursday: Pesto Chicken with spaghetti squash
- Friday: Flatout DIY Pizzas for family movie night.
- Saturday: Leftovers
- Sunday: Sauteed Talapia with rice and veggies.
Zucchini Egg Breakfast Muffins
- 3 large eggs
- ⅛ C. milk
- ½ C. shredded zucchini http://amzn.to/2bdi5nI
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ C. green onions, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 6 count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk the eggs and combine all the ingredients.
- Fill each muffin well about ¾ full.
- Bake 25-28 minutes. Allow them to cool before removing from the pan.
- *You can easily double the batch if you wish
I love that these have veggies added right to them! It’s a great and tasty way to get extra vegetables and like I said before, I can double this recipe and have grab and go breakfast or a quick and easy lunch whenever we need it!
Side Note: I do love this shredder! It’s perfect for vegetables and cheese! (I rarely buy already shredded cheese anymore. They add chemicals to the cheese to make it last longer that way – and buying the block is less expensive so we get more for our money!)
Pin Me For Later!
Weight Loss Update:
Rocking my LuLaRoe Irma Top and these fun shoes for a rare date night with my hubby!
I thought it would be a fun change of pace to share a picture of my not in workout attire for this update!
I’m currently down 11.5 lbs from when I started. Since it’s been a while since my last check-in and I was down 10 lbs at that point you know that I haven’t lost very much. I got super sick with a sinus infection and bronchitis for a while, and honestly haven’t been very good at watching my calorie intake. I’m excited to be back and back on track!!
Back to School and Baseball Season also mean….
I’m training for my next two half marathons!! I’m not sure I gave myself enough time to be ready for the Rock N Roll LA Half Marathon on Oct 3oth, but I am going to do my best. The plan was to start 2-3 weeks ago, but I got a little derailed with being sick.
This week my plan is:
- Monday: 3 Miles + Upper body strength
- Tuesday: 45 minutes elliptical + Lower body strength
- Wednesday: 2 Miles (Intervals)
- Thursday: 3 Miles + Lower body & core strength
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: 4 miles
- Sunday: Yoga
Total Miles – 12
So that is my week! What are you up to this week?
My Favorite Breakfast Supplies:
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016
- Watch Disney’s MOANA in Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime - November 22, 2016