It all started with a picture of a gorgeous redhead with striking blue eyes…
For some reason I got it in my mind that I would look good with hair just like that. So one late night run to the convenience store nearby, and I was going to look just like that picture…
Instead I look like some stupid actress in one of those Lifetime movies who buy a crap bottle of color, and dye their hair in a sleazy gas station bathroom as if that will hide them from the crazy ex-husband or police department who happens to be looking for them. (Of which I have neither by the way.) And no I am not exaggerating about the color.
It started with one bottle of cheap hair color at the store. Which didn’t turn out awful, but was far from even and a little orange in places. Then I headed out to the salon to have it fixed, but she gave me PURPLE hair with chunky blonde highlights, and dark brown base… It was worse then when I went it. Two more bottles of dye to attempt to cover the purple stripper hair, and I am left with BLACK hair, with a whole chunk of brown hair sprinkled with blonde stripes… (I am currently trying to fix this.)
I did not listen to the many signs along the way, nor did I stop at the first sign of trouble. This stubborn mama continued to strive to achieve the color I wanted… only to end up looking like I was ready for Halloween and so far from the color I desired it wasn’t even funny.
Unless these are phrases you like to use often – here are the top ten reasons why you should stay away from over-the-counter hair dye.
- I’m running from the law.
- I wanted my hair to reflect my Holiday spirit.
- I was attempting to look like Kristen Stewart in the Runaways who was trying to look like Joan Jett.
- I am trying to look like a desperate housewife in an effort for some makeover show to see me and want to give me a makeover.
- Amber from Teen Mom inspires me.
- I like the “I can’t really tell what color your hair is” style.
- Anyone can pull off blonde, but it takes a special kind of awesome to pull of black, brown, blonde, red, and purple all in one.
- What do you mean my hair is different? I haven’t done anything to it.
- I figured if blondes have more fun, I would have a blast if I covered the spectrum.
- I went to Walmart.
The good news? It is just hair. And I can pretty much guarantee you it won’t be this color for long. Only this time I will NOT be the one to color it. (Nor will I return to the hairdresser who thinks plain Jane, tee shirt and jeans kinda mama should look like a stripper.)
If you are lucky, I may post a picture, but not until I am ready to laugh a little bit more about it.
Thank you all for those who entered Mommy’s Lil Monster Bash Giveaways. All entries are now closed, and winners will be posted tomorrow – half here, and half on The Life of a Sippy Cup Mom
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016