Our house has had a lot of commotion lately.
- The Hubs returned home after being deployed for 6 months.
- My Mother came into visit from Minnesota.
- My Aunt and Uncle also came to visit from Minnesota.
- My Father-in-law came to visit from Indiana.
- We have gone to the circus.
- Squish started gymnastics classes.
- We have gone on a train ride to see Santa.
- We went to visit Santa again at the Bass Pro (if you didn’t see that picture, it is a must see!)
And the Squish has been enjoying ever minute (save for Santa) of the added attention. He has had so many people to entertain, he has barely stopped.
Until last night. Last night we were all supposed to go out to dinner with my Father-in-law, but the way Squish was acting, I knew he wasn’t going to be able to hang in for that. So we opted to stay home while my Hubs and Sister-in-law went with my Father-in-law.
And boy oh boy am I glad we did. Squish was just done.
IF you know my son at all, you know that to get him to sit still for more than 30 seconds is a feat and a half.
But last night the moment everyone left, and it was just Squish and Mama, he crawled up onto the couch, cuddled into me, and sat. FOR AN HOUR. Just chilling with Mama. We watched Olive the Other Reindeer. He laughed at it, and tried to share his bottle with me. It was one of those moments that are made into forever memories.
(I have been fighting a cold for two weeks, and needed the sleep!) (A huge thanks to my Hubs for letting me sleep!)
But when I opened the bedroom door, my Squish saw me, threw his bottle down on the ground, pasted a huge grin on his face, and RAN into my waiting arms. Picture me melting, I seriously just about cried.
This little boy gets me every single time. I am so blessed to be his mama!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016