Have you ever been watching TV or listening to the radio when something grabs your attention? Something you probably wouldn’t have found on your own, but after hearing about it, you knew you just had to get involved?
In December, I happened to turn on 20/20. This isn’t a show I normally watch. But the description caught my eye. By the time the story was over, I knew I had to get involved with Embrace.
Embrace started in Stanford. It started as a college project. It is a game changer.
Embrace is a portable infant warmer. It almost looks like a mini sleeping bag. It can be cleaned in boiling water, and combines water and paraffin wax to heat up to 98 degrees for up to 4 hours. It is safe and easy to use, and is very portable.
I think we take for granted that our babies will not die from something as simple as maintaining their body temperature. But in many parts of the world, India for example (where Embrace is currently working), to afford a $20,000 piece of equipment isn’t an option.
This is what is so great and revolutionary about the Embrace Infant Warmer – it costs only $200! According to the website:
20,000,000 low birth weight and premature infants are born each year – 450 of them die an HOUR
That statistic alone was something that struck so close to home for me. I knew I had to do something to help these babies, and I knew I wanted to help promote and fundraise for Embrace.
So what can I do? What can you do?
I am going to be putting together and online auction for Embrace. I am going to be asking all of you to help me with it.
- I am looking for companies to donate product for action. All proceeds with go to Embrace.
- I am looking for bloggers to donate ad space on their blog. All proceeds to go to Embrace.
- I am looking for you to help spread the word, if you have a contact with a business you think would be interested in helping out, email me. I will email you back a letter explaining what we are doing, and what it is for. (familyandlifeinlv(at)gmail(dot)com – subject line Embrace)
- Tweet “Help me support @embracewarmer Spread the warmth and prevent another infant from dying from lack of resources http://ow.ly/3Kbdz #giveback“
Do it for the mother in the 20/20 story who lost 3 babies due to not being able to maintain their body temperature. Do it because your baby had the infant warmer and technology at hand.
Do it because no one deserves to know the loss of a child. Ever.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016