- It is a natural way to soothe your newborn. Think about it – for 9+ months your baby was smushed up inside of a quite, dark water world. He listened to your heart, heard your voice, and was soothed by your movements. Baby-wearing a newborn is very similar to being inside your womb. If you start wearing from the get go, your child will have a wonderful natural way to soothe your newborn. (I really liked my Moby Wrap for this)
- Baby-wearing can make breastfeeding in public easier. If you choose to breastfeed your child, baby-wearing allows easy, discrete, and hands-free access while out and about. (See Part 2)
- Baby-wearing keeps your child sheltered from wandering hands. Having my child near to my while out in public kept others from reaching out to touch him. This is a great benefit during those first immune building months and flu season.
- CUDDLE, CUDDLE, CUDDLE!! – Baby-wearing allows prime cuddle time, anytime of day. As Squish got older, wearing him was one of the only way I got to cuddle.
- Baby-wearing can help your child to be a more confident around others. I truly feel like baby-wearing helped to keep separation anxiety at bay.
- Wearing your child allows you to have both hands free. Just because you have a baby doesn’t mean your meals will magically appear, and your house will clean itself. When I wore Squish, I could get the housework done while soothing and bonding with my baby, and could use the time he was resting to rest myself.
- Using a baby carrier allows you to eliminate dragging a bulky stroller around. This is awesome especially for crowded areas, or quick runs in the store. (I used my Ergo back carry for many summer/outdoor events in Las Vegas)
- Being able to kiss the top of my baby’s head on a whim, and the way he would smile up at me with his adorable baby blues.
- Baby-wearing isn’t just for moms. Baby-wearing can be a wonderful bonding tool for Dad’s and Grandparents too. Caregivers can wear your infant, while playing with your older children. It is really for anyone!
- When my husband was deployed, and my son was too young to go to gym daycare, I could workout while wearing him. Thanks to Asobi Sport Fitness, everyone can learn how to wear their baby and workout at the same time. (More on this is a later post!)
Why do you love Baby-Wearing?
Stay tuned Next Friday for a guest post on Baby-Wearing including videos!!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016