Adjective (via Wiktionary)
- Showing regard or thought for others; especially, displaying good manners or etiquette.
- a courteous gentleman
- a courteous gesture
When did we become so wrapped up in our own little technology filled worlds that we forgot the simple act of courtesy?
The other day I approached a door, I was pushing my stroller, I was carrying a bag, and I was trying to open the door. While I was in the process of trying to fit through the door, a lady pushed through the other door, and just kept going.
Really, would it have taken more than a moment to hold it open for me?
Or the last time I traveled with my toddler home to Minnesota. When I tried to get my toddler, car seat, diaper bag, and carry-on all down that darn skinny aisle, and not one person offered help. And people clearly noticed I was struggling.
The plane was one the ground, it wasn’t like they were going anywhere. But still no kind gestures to help.
People push through to scramble on to an elevators or buses not waiting for those who are on to get off first.
Please, Thank You, and Excuse Me, have been replaced by scowls, grunts, and Douchebaggery.
Noun (via Wiktionary)
douchebaggery (plural douchebaggeries)
We take time to tweet, Facebook, and text while on the go, and so often we choose not to see an opportunity to do one simple act of kindness or courtesy a day.
Next time you are out, whether with friends, family, or total strangers; take the time to ask, offer, listen, or notice that one person around you that could really use a bit of Common Courtesy.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016