The Goldilocks Women’s Only Bike Ride is coming to Las Vegas!!
On October 29th women from different levels in fitness and heath will have one thing in common! They will all be particpating in the amazing bike riding event!
Saturday, October 29th, 2011
Rainbow Family Park
7151 W. Oakey Boulevard
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117
I would first like to thank Dani and Goldilocks for signing on as a Family and Life in Las Vegas sponsor! I am honored to be spreading the word about the Goldilocks rides! I love that a wife, mom, and woman found something she loved, and created an event to share it with others! I mean, really!? How awesomesauce is that!!
What is Goldilocks?
Goldilocks is a fully supported, non-competitive, women only, cycling event. With multiple locations and route options, there is a ride for everyone! From novice or experienced riders alike, Goldilocks is a fabulous opportunity to spend the day with your girlfriends while enjoying/conquering a gorgeous ride. Check under locations to find the Goldilocks ride closest to home… join the email list and follow us on facebook to stay informed as more locations are announced.
Dani Lassiter is my name and biking is my game. I am lucky to live in Utah which boasts one of the biggest women’s only rides, Little Red Riding Hood. It was my first event and even though it was a women only ride, I was nervous. Nervous about my equipment, clothing, technique, rules, shifting, hydration…everything. Little Red inspired me to create a ride that could be everyone’s first… their first cycling event, the first time they rode 30, 60, or 100 miles. Somewhere you could feel comfortable showing up on a crusier, your husband’s mountain bike, or your old road bike from college. Everyone should have a place to start, to make friends, and get advice about the sport. A place where you can learn shifting, drafting, hand signals, etc. I was lucky to have my husband to teach me. If a woman has a place where she can feel comfortable, she will quickly learn what I have learned, that those ugly shorts that only look good on models, really do help! Clip in shoes, gloves, jerseys… the people who designed all this equipment really knew what they were doing.
Vegas Goldilocks Ride Info:
- Registration for the 2011 Goldilocks Las Vegas will open on May 1st, 2011.
- Entry fee includes: fully supported ride, yummy catered lunch, fancy t-shirt, rest stop snacks, a sweet swag bag. A portion of each entry fee will be used to purchase a helmet for a child in need.
- Registration is limited to 500 riders.
- No refunds will be given.
- Ride will be held regardless of weather.
- All participants will be required to sign a waiver of liability.
- Riders 18 and under must have a parent or guardian sign a release form.
- Helmets are mandatory. Please carry spare tubes, water bottles, a patch kit, and tire pump with you during the ride.
- Guys are welcome to volunteer and support the ladies. No men are allowed to ride in Goldilocks.
- Riding course will close by 4 p.m.
Worried you aren’t experienced enought for the ride? Don’t be! That is what the Goldilocks event is all about! Dani wants to show women just how awesome being up on a bike is. There are 3 different rides you can do. A 20 mile ride, a 40 mile ride, and a 60 mile ride! Dani works hard to find routes that are as simple yet still challenging so bikers of all types can join in the fun!
Guess what! I am going to be riding in the event! Yep! You heard that right. I am making it my goal to ride at least the 20 miles if not the 40 mile bike ride!
Want to know more about the event or check out where else the Goldilocks rides are taking place this year? You can check out the Goldilocks website, facebook page, or even email Dani (dani(at)goldilocksride.com) with your questions!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016