BY MY MANICURIST!
Sure, we have all been asked by our family members, and even friends get a pass here. Caring minds do want to know.
But I have to draw a line when my manicurist asks me!
Last week I sneaked away during Squishy’s nap and headed over to the nail salon.
I don’t do it very often, but when I can I really love to have a mani/pedi. Especially that new gel manicure. It lasts so much longer than than the regular polish….
But I digress…
So I am sitting there and the nail guy says “That is a pretty wedding ring, how old are your children?”
Two things ran through my head:
- I’m sorry – I don’t know you AT ALL.
- I didn’t realize the two were directly connected. Hey – this lady is wearing a wedding ring, she must have children?
“He’s almost three.”
“So when are you going to have another baby?”
“You really shouldn’t wait at your age.”
Here is the thing.
I want another baby more than anything right now. WE want another baby.
But it isn’t the right time for our family.
I know in my heart we will be adding to our family, but not right now.
I see friends announce second, third, fourth pregnancies. I am over the moon for them.
But OH MY OVARIES!
I have to be honest, I love seeing the pictures of the adorable bumps, sweet ultrasound pictures, and smooshy newborn goodness.
But it is also hard.
I can’t help but wonder when it will be my turn again.
I wonder about growing our family enough for a million strangers.
I don’t need the guy behind the nail counter at the salon asking me about my family planning process.
What ever happened to “How was your week?”
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016