I’m thrilled to share some big baby news … Our family is growing!
Yes, we are pregnant with our second baby.
Squishy is going to be a big brother!
Baby is due early December and we couldn’t be happier.
But, I’m also scared/worried/anxious.
- I’m not at the weight I had hoped to be for this pregnancy. Will that mean I have sciatic/SPD issues like my last pregnancy?
- Will I have enough love for both my children?
- How will having my husband deployed for part of this pregnancy feel?
- Oh my goodness – two babies on a plane? (I like to travel when the hubs deploys for work, will I still be able to do that?)
- My cloth diaper service just closed it’s doors, can I actually wash and do my own cloth diapering at home?
- Will a VBAC be possible?
If you remember my post about growing our family a couple months back, you know that like most of life’s little blessings, this one was a happy and much wanted surprise. My first son also surprised us, so this isn’t anything new to us. We know that every baby is a blessing, and we are thrilled to patiently wait for ours!
I was initially told after my appendectomy in 2004 that I would have a hard time conceiving do to a large amount of cysts on my ovaries so I am very much aware of how much of a blessing both my pregnancies are. I do know a few things for sure, and that makes me even more excited then anxious or worried.
- My babies have the best daddy they could ever ask for!
- My son will be an excellent big brother!
- I have a wonderful support system, I just need to learn to ask for help when I need it.
- My son is happy, healthy, and thriving, I can do this again.
- I have always wanted a large family.
- I am a good mother.
How far along? 9 weeks 4 daysHow I found out: I realized on April Fools Day, I was late. I tested, it came back positive almost immediately! Definitely not an April Fools Day joke!, but feel free to insert your funny jokes here!Total weight gain: -2Maternity clothes? Not yetStretch marks? Just the ones left over from my 10lb 2oz baby boy!Sleep: All the freaking time! If I could take multiple naps a day, I would!Best moment this week: Telling family and close friends!Miss Anything? CaffeineMovement: Nope it’s too early!Food cravings: Cheese, Mexican food, and Donuts! :O I haven’t had one a donut since my last pregnancy!Anything making you queasy or sick: Chicken, Meat in general, mushrooms, pretty much anything just depends on the time…Fitness: No more 5k for me. (*) Elliptical a few times a week + my new DVDs Knocked Up FitnessLabor Signs: Nope! (not for a very long time I hope!)Symptoms: Exhaustion 24/7, nausea (no vomiting yet…), round ligament pain.Belly Button in or out? No one needs to see my belly button! LOL It’s still in.Wedding rings on or off? OnHappy or Moody most of the time: Mostly happy, but really really tired. I’m pretty much able to cry on the drop of a dime.Looking forward to: Meeting with my new OB and talking about my chances of having a VBAC.
(*) A note about my 5k plans and my fitness goals during this pregnancy.
I thought long and hard about this. I asked many a fitness friend their opinions. I have never been a runner. In fact, I pretty much loathe running. Yet, it was on my bucket list to run a 5k. So I planned and started training for the Las Vegas 5k. I was very excited for it and progressing through my couch25k training. However, we found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks in. At this time, while I was making it through my workouts, I was still huffing and puffing, and pushing hard to get it down.
Then at 5 weeks pregnant my sciatica kicked in big time. It came down to the fact that I didn’t want to do anything to jeopardize this pregnancy. While I know plenty of women run through their pregnancies, I know I would have blamed running if something would have happened.
My goal is to keep very physical during this pregnancy. Keep my fitness up, and put my weight loss on hold. Make healthier food choices than I did with my last pregnancy, and hope that it will result in a faster turnaround post baby.
On another personal note I didn’t start blogging until my son was a month old, so I am very excited to document this pregnancy as I go on my blog. Stay tuned for more changes around here!!
Did you have any fears/worries about being pregnant the second time around?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016