From the time I was a little girl, I can always remember my mother making her delicious hot fudge sauce recipe on special occasions and holidays.
You can use the hot fudge sauce to dip fresh fruit into or to top Angel Food Cake, but the best way to enjoy this hot fudge sauce is on top of ice cream!
Recently I was asked to try C&H Light! Since we are all trying to cut our sugar intake, I was excited to try this. C&H Light is an all natural pure cane sugar that is combined with stevia.
The end result is a lighter, just as sweet sugar with half the calories of regular sugar! With C&H Light we save over 350 calories per cup, but we don’t have to sacrifice the taste.
Since my mother is in town visiting she offered to make her to make her amazing hot fudge sauce using C&H Light I certainly didn’t object!
There was only one major change to my mom’s recipe. The original recipe calls for 3 cups of sugar. Since 1/2 cup of C&H Light equals 1 cup of sugar, we only used 1 1/2 cups of C&H Light. Since she knew she was going to be using less sugar, my mom played the measurement for evaporated milk by feeling as well. She ended up using about 3 oz. less than normal.
Enjoy your delicious hot fudge sauce with less quilt!
- 4 squares Unsweetened Chocolate
- ½ Cup Butter
- 9 Oz Evaporated Milk
- 1½ Cups C&H Light Sugar and Stevia Blend
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Using Double Boiler place 4 squares of unsweetened chocolate with ½ cup butter in pan until melted.
- Slowly stir in 1½ Cups C&H Light Sugar and Stevia Blend until dissolved.
- Slowly stir in 9 oz Evaporated Milk.
- Continue to cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1 tsp Vanilla Extract.
- Enjoy over fruit, cake, or ice cream!
If you would like to try C&H Light in your own home, please like C&H on Facebook and head to their coupon tab!
Don’t miss the C&H Light Twitter Party!
August 8th! Lots of great prizes!
Disclosure: Product and compensation was provide to me by Domino Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016