When I had my first son it was almost 3-4 months into my son’s life that I was introduced to the MOST amazing swaddle blanket known to man kind. That may seem like a huge statement to make, but I honestly will not purchase another swaddle blanket after using the aden+anais blankets.
To date we currently own:
- 6 aden+anais swaddle blankets
- 1 aden+anais sleep sack blanket
- 2 aden+anais dream blankets
Every night my son sleeps with a dream blanket. He can’t go anywhere overnight with out them. When we travel anywhere we always have 1-2 swaddle blankets on hand. I keep one in the car for emergencies, added sunshade, and pretty much any other reason I could need a blanket.
Here he is pictured with both his swaddle blanket and his dream blanket!
What is so great about the aden+anais swaddle blankets is they are made with Muslin. What is so great about swaddling with Muslin you ask?
Swaddling is said to be as familiar to babies as it is to their moms because it recreates the secure and cozy feeling of the womb — and using swaddles made of natural cotton muslin only enhances that blissful feeling. Muslin is a finely-woven breathable fabric believed to have originated in Bangladesh during the Middle Ages. It’s delicate, yet durable weave, makes the fabric stretchy, and therefore ideal for swaddling, as the natural “give”allows the blanket to be tucked snuggly around a baby without being overly restrictive.
The lightweight muslin also permits air to circulate around the baby’s body, while still providing comfort and warmth without the worry that the baby may overheat in moderate weather. Cotton muslin is also a workhorse fabric, in that wraps woven from this natural fiber stands up to repeated washings only becoming softer — and better — with age.
Having washed our current selection of aden+anais blankets for 3+ years now, I can tell you they really do only get better and softer with age. They are so soft, I often reach for one when we are traveling and I need some extra warmth. (Truthfully I am really waiting for a+a to come out with an adult sized dream blanket…I’d be the first one in line to purchase it when they do!)
I love knowing that both of my sons will find comfort in these amazing muslin blankets. I also love that because they are so large(47” x 47”), they will continue to be a family favorite even after the days of swaddling are behind us. Also unlike other blankets we have used in the past, ever after 3 years of use, love, and washing, there are no holes, no tears, and other than being super soft you can’t tell that they are as abused loved as they are!
I LOVE aden+anais and choose them for my family over any other blanket on the market.
aden+anais swaddle blankets are available in 4 different collections:
- Classics Collection are 100% cotton and ultra light.
- Cozy Collection are a double layer of the classic version allowing for a little extra warmth when your baby needs it most!
- Organic Collection are 100% organic cotton swaddlers manufactured in a environmentally and socially responsible manner.
- Bamboo Collection are made from a silky rayon from bamboo fiber muslin.
You can find all the great aden+anais products on their website!
Be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date with new products, patterns, and discounts!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016