I’m sorry this is posting on a Tuesday instead of Monday, but with all the event in Boston yesterday, it felt trivial to post yesterday if not inappropriate.
One full week of No Dairy, No Grains, No Sugar, No Beans, and No Alcohol is done and I am still going strong! I am looking forward to Week 2 and plan on doing a few new things food wise. My family is mainly eating what I am cooking, but both the hubs and my son are still eating grains, and my son is still eating sugary treats now and again.
Like I mentioned in my first Whole30 menu plan, I am not switching my son over to Paleo until I know it’s fully for me. I must say I am very happy to have made it through the first week. I’m already seeing a big change in a lot of different areas. Check out my Whole30 Week 1 Recap if you are interested.
One of the reasons I believe I am still on track is because of my Meal Prep. I make sure I have everything I need on hand to make meals no matter if I am in a rush or if I have time to cook. Also I ditched assigning my days for the meals while doing the Whole30. I decided that it would be easier for me to base my meals on how my days go. That way if the day is rough and I want something quick there is no pressure to cook.
Meal Prep includes:
- Crockpot Chicken Breasts
- Bake Hardboiled Eggs
- Make Large Bowl of Salad base minus wet ingredients
- Roast Mixed Veggies
- Bake Sweet Potato Coins
- Make Sweet Potato Hash
- Make Breakfast Casserole
This Week’s Meals:
Breakfasts: (I have a feeling I may get tired of eggs for breakfast, but for now I’m doing okay!)
- Breakfast Casserole
- Egg Scrambles
- Banana with Almond Butter and Coconut Flakes
- Hardboiled or Fried Eggs add pre-cooked veggies to side
- Stuffed Turkey Roll Ups – Stuffing Ideas:
- Avocado and Cherry Tomatoes
- Kalamata Olives and Carrots
- Guacamole and Salsa
- Salads with Tuna, Chicken, or Hard-boiled Eggs
- Sweet Potato Hash
- Leftovers from dinner
Do you have any good Paleo recipes to share with me?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016