Real Nappies provided product which is featured in this post. Real Nappies asked me to try out their cloth diaper system featuring pre-folds I thought it was a great opportunity to share everything I know about pre-fold cloth diapers and why I love them. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I have now been cloth diapering for nearly 33 months. 26 months with my first child during which time we used a cloth diaper service and exclusively used pre-fold diapers. And nearly 7 months with our second child and we use a various types of cloth diapers many of which are pre-folds.
Pre-folds are the most basic and one of the most economical ways to cloth diaper your baby. Pre-folds come in a few different sizes. You can use them on your baby from the very first day they are born no matter how little or big, skinny or chunky your baby is, you will always get a great fit with a prefold. You can use any pre-fold diaper; after getting a chance to review them, I have to say I really love our Real Nappies.
About Real Nappies:
Real Nappies use premium quality 100% natural cotton fiber in their cloth diapers for superior softness, absorbency and durability wash after wash. The natural soft cotton cloth diapers are comfortable to wear, breathe naturally, and are certified to the highest Öko-Tex ecological standards which involves rigorous testing for over 100 harmful substances. You can rest assured that Real Nappies cloth diapers are free of chlorine bleach, plastics and chemicals, and won’t irritate your baby’s sensitive skin.
Real Nappies cotton cloth diapers are prefolded which means the prefold cloth diaper’s 3 panels are folded and sewn together each having up to eight layers for superior absorbency. The Real Nappies prefold cloth diaper is thicker in the middle to offer more absorbency exactly where it’s needed without it being bulky.
White Snug Wraps (covers) are included in all Real Nappies cloth diaper packs including the Birth To Potty Pack, Essentials Packs and Top-Up Packs. In addition, Snug Wraps are available individually in white and bright fun colors.
What is a Pre-fold?
Pre-fold diapers are rectangular shaped diapers that are divided lengthwise in 3 sections. The outer two sections are often made up or 4/6 layers of cotton and the inside layer is 6/8 layers. Real Nappies pre-folds have 8 layers of absorbency This allows the pre-folds to have the absorbency in the middle where you need it the most. Pre-folds are the pretty much the cheapest cloth diaper option. Pre-folds can be layered into and closed in a Velcro or snapped diaper cover or fastened either with pins or snappi.
What is Great About Pre-folds?
- Super Affordable – A year of disposable diapering costs $1200-$1500. The Real Nappies Birth To Potty Pack has everything you need, including Indian cotton cloth diapers, diaper covers, diaper liners and potty training pants, for $489. That is a huge savings! Additionally if you want to supplement a growing stash, pre-folds is the most affordable way to do that. For less than the cost of most AIO or Pocket diapers you can get 6+ diapers and 2 covers!
- Easy to Fit Every Baby – I especially love using pre-folds for newborns! You can really get a snug fit on any sized baby!
- Easy To Wash – No special washing instructions, just wash and dry. The more you wash, the more absorbent they seem to get. Pre-folds are also the easiest diaper to get clean in my opinion.
- Super Durable – Wash after wash these diapers are work horses. You will easily be able to pass on pre-folds from baby to baby.
- No More Pins – When I was first told about pre-folds I thought about pins and how annoying that would be each and every time. Thankfully, unless you want to you don’t need to use pins. You can use a snappi, or you can just lay the diaper in the cover!
- Different Folds for Different Needs – Boy folds, girl folds, runny poop folds, easy folds… they are all easy, and they all work!
- Customizable Absorbency – You can change the absorbency by using different folds, or by adding in smaller prefolds as boosters. Pre-folds are a great night time option!
- Easy to Use – Pre-folds can seem intimidating, but they are actually very easy to use. Once you fold a diaper a few times, you will have mastered it. My husband will ONLY use pre-folds. He is intimidated by pockets and snaps and doesn’t like change so he just sticks with pre-folds.
In case you are more of a visual person, here is my video on the 4 different ways I know to fold pre-fold diapers. You can really see how easy it is.
How to Fold a Pre-fold Cloth Diaper.
I have been very happy with our Real Nappies pre-folds. They are everything I described above and more. I have several other pre-folds that are not nearly as absorbent as Real Nappies – that alone makes them a real winner in my book! Find out more about the company at www.realnappiesusa.com or on their Twitter page.
Feel free to ask any questions about pre-folds below in the comments section! I’m always happy to help!
Do you use Pre-fold diapers? What is your favorite fold?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016