Hey everyone! I am back with another Christmas craft! Can you believe that we only have 60 days until Christmas!!!!!!
With many stores starting to bring out all the Christmas decor, the wheels in my mind start turning on what crafts I can easily make at home for a fraction of the cost of buying the item in the store. As I was browsing, I saw this cute wall or door hanger with a Santa on top and “Ho-Ho-Ho.” I immediately thought “man that would be fun to make at home!” So off to my craft room I went to collect the supplies.
What you will need:
- Red and white felt
- needle and thread (I used black)
- letters to trace (I used Arial font size 200 in bold)
- straight pins to help hold the pieces together
- Print and cut letters from paper
- trace out onto white felt
- cut letters from felt
- cut red felt into squares (mine are approximately 2.5 x 3)
- pin the letters to the felt squares
- hand sew the letters onto the squares
- At one end of ribbon make a loop to be used as the hanger.
- Sew the ribbon together to secure the loop.
- Now start sewing the squares onto the ribbon making sure to leave a little bit of space between squares. (I tried both sewing across the width of the ribbon, and sewing the length of the square. I like the security of sewing the length of the square.) When sewing onto the ribbon, make sure to only go through about 1/2 of the felt so the thread doesn’t show through on the front side of the squares.
- Once all done, trim all long threads and get ready to find the perfect place to hang up!
This fun project could easily be done with you little ones! Either let them use a blunt tip needle or substitute using the needle and thread for fabric glue!