Well, I knew I’d be late on one or two days. Life is just getting busy for us in August.
K is getting ready to start Kindergarten, so it’s back to school shopping and fall sports sign ups for us. I’m balancing the emotions of sending him to kindergarten with getting ready to say goodbye to the hubs again as he heads out to another deployment. While deployments are part of his job as a contractor, they never really get any easier. Plus the thought of parenting alone for another 4+ months is always daunting. I’m also training for my first 1/2 marathon, and some days I’m just putting my head down and getting through it. Blogging is almost always the first thing to take a backseat, even if it means that I’m just indulging in a guilty pleasure and watching a movie or catching up on a TV show after the kids go to bed.
Wikipedia defies a guilty pleasure as something one enjoys and considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it. For me that is usually how I define “me time”. No matter how much I need to do it for my sanity I almost always feel guilty taking any time away from my home. There is always something I could be doing there, so any time I choose to spend that is just for me is a guilty pleasure.
Anyway, we all have them so why not admit them right? Here are some of my favorite guilty pleasures…
- Pajama & yoga pants… sometimes all day long
- Crappy reality TV. Especially Teen Mom on MTV.
- Getting my hair and nails done. Such a luxury.
- Popcorn – totally not Paleo, but I love it!
- NAPS. I love them!
I need this shirt!
- Signing while cleaning. Cleaning isn’t fun, but I love jamming out to music.
- A good movie
Don’t you just love a good movie. Personally, I have a hard time picking favorites. I’m not really the kind of person who likes to re-watch movies although there are a handful of them I could re-watch again and again.
Clueless <– Can you say guilty pleasure?
Good Morning Vietnam <– So sad he passed yesterday. Robin Williams was a pretty amazing actor.
Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Catch up on my previous posts!
- BEDA: Day 1: An Introduction
- BEDA: Day 2: 20 Facts About Me
- BEDA: Day 3: My Favorite Quote
- BEDA: Day 4: In 10 Years (<– One of my favorite blogs in a long time!)
- BEDA: Day 5: A Vivid Memory
- BEDA: Day 6: Best Friends
- BEDA: Day 7: 10 Songs On My Playlist
- BEDA: Day 8: What’s In My Handbag
- BEDA: Day 9: 15 Things That Make Me Happy
- BEDA: Day 10: 3 Things I’ve Checked Off My Bucket List
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016