5 years ago I started my blog with this post: Squishy is a Month Old Today. I have since published 1,912 posts. I’m so grateful to have this blog. It’s been a struggle to balance it with everyday life, and there are times I think I should throw in the towel and spend more time with my boys. Especially recently as I’m feeling the pressure of life passing me by as we prepare to send my 5 year old to kindergarten. I will never get those moments back, but then I think about all the things I’ve done with my blog and how important it has been to me.
Thanks to my blog I’ve:
- Created a digital baby book of my babies growing up.
- Turned a passion for writing into a growing business where I make my own rules.
- Interviewed celebrities.
- Been invited to do a morning TV news segment on Back to School products. (EEK! That’s happening this Sunday!)
- Made some amazing friends.
- Become an ambassador for companies I truly love!
- Reviewed and shared my honest opinions for baby gear, fitness products, and more!
- Had a creative outlet to keep me sane during deployments.
- Documented my 2nd pregnancy from beginning to birth
- Created an online community via Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter that has helped me to grow as a parent in more ways than one.
- Become an advocate and voice for not only breastfeeding, babywearing, and cloth diapering, but for supporting all moms in their parenting journey no matter how different it looks from our own. (FYI for any mom who may be reading this… YOU ARE A GOOD MOM!)
- Found the courage to do things I’m scared of.
- Shared my concerns and fears about not being enough for my children.
Really, I could go on and on, but instead I’d like to share where I hope to take my blog. In the next year I’d love to post less, but share more. I know that doesn’t make sense, but I’d really love to get back to what I love most about blogging. Sharing parenting stuff, my fitness journey, writing letters to my boys like I used to do with Dear Squishy… I’d love to get on a schedule for posting, but every time I do that I end up feeling a serious lack of creativity. So instead my focus isn’t going to be on creating more personal and parenting content. If there is one thing I’m sure of I don’t want to look back and think I missed a single solitary second that could have been spent laughing with my children.
Why do you blog?
I’m blogging everyday in August (BEDA) with Emma from Outmumbered.com
Catch up on my previous posts!
- BEDA: Day 1: An Introduction
- BEDA: Day 2: 20 Facts About Me
- BEDA: Day 3: My Favorite Quote
- BEDA: Day 4: In 10 Years (<– One of my favorite blogs in a long time!)
- BEDA: Day 5: A Vivid Memory
- BEDA: Day 6: Best Friends
- BEDA: Day 7: 10 Songs On My Playlist
- BEDA: Day 8: What’s In My Handbag
- BEDA: Day 9: 15 Things That Make Me Happy
- BEDA: Day 10: 3 Things I’ve Checked Off My Bucket List
- BEDA: Day 11 & 12: Movies & Guilty Pleasures
- BEDA: Day 13: Living in Las Vegas
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016