I recently was watching one of my favorite reality TV shows Extreme Weight Loss, and one of the contestants wrote in and talked about wanting to live authentically. Something about that really struck a cord with me.
Not that I haven’t been honest with myself or my readers in anyway, but more that excuses pile up and sometimes it seems easier to give into the excuse then to tackle the problem. Sometimes I have a hard time staying on track with what I want to accomplish. I’m a first class procrastinator and I can justify just about anything if I talk it over in my mind long enough! I think I can be more accountable and authentic if I set goals and work towards them one by one.
In an effort to change that, I thought each month I’d set a few achievable goals for myself in different areas of my life. Not only would they be written down for the world to see, but I think that when we physically take the time to write something down, we tend to work harder to accomplish the task.
I will also be scheduling them into my day planner, (I like this super affordable yet cute day planner from Bloom) so that I have two places I check in with regularly to keep me focused.
- Re-organize playroom and go through toys.
- Pull boys fall/winter clothing and re-organize their clothing.
- Get more outdoor runs in – hoping to get at least my Tues/Thurs runs done outdoors.
- Get more yoga in.
- Cut my 3 mile time.
- My first “real” 5k.
- Lose 8lbs (I have a diet bet starting on Sept. 16th if you want to join in with me!)
- Less “Cheats”
- Be Authentic. In the beginning I used to post so much about our week, how I was doing solo parenting, etc. Now I feel lost in the scheduled and other content. I’m not sure where that will lead, but I do want to try!
- Vlog more – Try for 2 videos per week.
- Finally get K’s 5th birthday party post up!
- Take K on a one-on-one mommy/son date.
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier to avoid stressful mornings.
- Establish a library day with Baby D.
Do you set monthly goals? How do you make sure you accomplish them? What is one big goal you’d like to accomplish this month?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016