For a little over a month I have been making Apple Chia Pudding for my son as a healthy treat or after school snack. He loves it, and so do I which isn’t surprising seeing as we are also big fans of chia jam!
It’s easy to make and really tastes great, but recently I’ve been adding a new protein powder that I received to review from Skoop to the mix! It’s vanilla flavor adds a bit of sweetness and it’s packed with healthy protein that keeps me satisfied longer and full of energy!
Why Skoop B-Strong?
B-Strong is a plant-based protein powder that promotes a three-stage process for manufacturing strong, lean muscles and all-over health. B-Strong is designed to help your body absorb nutrients, build muscle and recover quickly.
Unlike most protein powders, B-Strong also contains:
- Prebiotics that promote a happy belly
- Essential fatty acids such as essentials, non-essentials and BCAAs
- Antioxidants in beneficial mediterranean fruits
- 16 g of alkalizing protein
Plus I like that I know exactly what I’m putting in my body with their plant-based ingredients.
I often just throw it into my morning coffee or smoothies, but adding it to the apple chia pudding tasted so good we haven’t gone back to our original recipe! My son loves it in the morning, and I like it as a post training run snack!
For the chia seeds we mostly just use the kind we buy at Trader Joes. But if you can’t find them in a store near you, this kind is a great option.
- 2 cups Unsweetened Apple Sauce (I prefer chunky and unsweetened)
- 1½ Tbs Maple Syrup
- 1¼ cup Almond Milk
- 1½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Chia Seeds
- 1-2 scoops of Skoop Protein Powder (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except chia seeds.
- Process until well incorporated.
- Add chia seeds and pulse 2 or 3 times.
- Scoop into an air tight container and let set in the refrigerator 2-3 hours.
How do you add protein to your day?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016