You guys! It has been a hot minute since I’ve been able to sit down to my computer and blog! I am going to try very hard to make a better effort not only because I have a lot to share, but because I genuinely miss writing about my family, running, and things I’ve been loving lately.
Speaking of loving lately, have you heard about or seen the InStyler Max 2-way rotating iron? A few Christmas’s ago my husband and I bought one for my sister in law who had been asking for one for a few months. I remember wanting to keep it for myself because it looked really cool, but it still made it’s way under the Christmas tree. So I was pretty excite when I was contacted a few weeks ago and asked if I’d like to review some of the latest products from InStyler.
I’m a busy working mom, so I need my hair care tools to be easy to use and function just as they advertise. After I received the InStyler Max 2-way Rotating Iron I quickly put it to the test on a fun girls night out to see Britney Spears play her show here in Las Vegas.
- 4 Heat settings up to 425°
- 2-Way Heated Rotating Barrel to both straighten and curl as desired
- Multiple Heat Settings – For Fine, Medium and Coarse Hair
- LED Display – Easy to Read
- First Row of Bristles – Separates and Aligns Hair
- Second Row of Bristles – Polishes the Hair While Adding Volume & Shine
- Black Tourmaline Ceramic Smoothing Plate – This prevents the barrel from crushing your hair.
- 30 Second Rapid Heat-up – because let’s be real – every minute counts!
- Automatic Safety Shut-off
- Heat guard – There is a heat guard on the iron, an attachable cool tip for better control and a heat-resistant pad to protect your surfaces.
I was pretty limited on time to get ready so I quickly blow dried my hair with a paddle brush. This is usually all I do to my hair, but it always bothers me that my natural wave always still finds a way to make an appearance. The InStyler Max Rotating Iron quickly got rid of those waves and I even added some simple curls to the bottom of my hair to give it a more done appearance.
Total time start to finish – about 20 minutes. One thing that I thought of really quickly is that I could likely wash my hair the night before and then use the InStyler Max in the am to get any kinks out of my hair. This thought was very appealing to me so I thought I’d put it to the test.
I often run K to school like this in the morning because I rarely have time to shower, dry my hair, do my hair, get dressed, eat breakfast, get both boys dressed and ready, pack my son’s daycare bag, and get out the door on time. If I do my hair before bed, it ends up looking gross by morning time and almost always has some sort of weird kink in it.
This is how my hair dries if I do NOTHING at all to it. It’s a frizzy wavy mess. Also – forgive me I have no makeup on in any of these pictures…
Here it is halfway done with the Instyler Max 2-way Rotating Iron.
All the way finished.
- I’m pretty happy with the InStyler Max. Especially since it only took me about 10 minutes total. The Max is very easy to use, and it doesn’t leave my hair super crushed or flat like some of my other tools do. I like that I can easily flip my hair under or out depending on what I want it to do that day.
- It was very easy to use. I didn’t even have to really pay attention to how much hair I grabbed at one time. As long as it was wider than the barrel I was good to go. This saved me even more time separating my hair.
- If I wanted to spend a few more minutes I could have added loose curls, or even give my roots volume. I love that feature. One tool to do it all is right up my alley.
- However, the best judgement of all was the compliment from my husband. He told me my hair looked great and wondered where I found the time to straighten it.
The InStyler MAX Rotating Iron is offering a free trial and then allows you to make 3 installment payments OR you can save $14.99 by making a one time payment of $119.99.
Want Curly Hair?
I also got the Instyler Tulip Curling Iron to try, but since I have naturally curly hair I haven’t really gotten to use this one as much yet.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016