(If you are just here for the meal plan – skip to the bottom!)
Well, it’s been a while huh! I’m not going to lie – blogging is near the bottom of my priority list right now. The only reason I continue to want to do it, is because I love it. That said, now that I’m working, I can’t just blog whenever I want to. I wish I could, but in order to blog – I have to have the time to plan it, and then hope that nothing goes wrong during the week. With that said, I am going to try my best to get some more content up regularly.
Since I have been out of running with a stress fracture (which may or may not be driving me crazy), I decided to really use this time to focus on weight loss, and if I know anything about myself it’s that if I want to lose weight, meal planning has got to happen.
This is so true for me in both meal planning and workouts. So now I write down everything. I also recently purchased this Fitbit Charge. (I went with the Charge so I could see the time and my step count without having to access my phone app.)
I’m LOVING it. I’m not supposed to be walking for exercise to allow my stress fracture to heal, but it’s hard not to want to be active and walk a lot. So I have just been walking until my leg starts to hurt – and then icing and resting it. I’m averaging about 6,000-7,000 steps a day, and more when I’m able to get to the gym to use the elliptical. My goal for post stress fracture will be 10,000-15,000 steps a day.
For workouts I’m doing the following:
- Swim 2-3 days a week
- Body Pump 1-2 days a week + Elliptical or Stationary Bike
- Long Bike Rides on Sunday
But honestly, I can’t wait until I get cleared to run again! I’m focusing on swim and bike because while I am not able to do the Summerlin Half Marathon in April like I’d planned, I still hope to be able to compete in my first Sprint Triathlon in May.
This week’s meal plan:
- Monday: Leftovers (I have a panel discussion on Triathlons that I’m attending in the evening)
- Tuesday: Asian Meatballs, Green Beans, Rice
- Wednesday: Domestic Man Better Chicken Nuggets & Broccoli
- Thursday: Salsa Verde Chicken & Cabbage
- Friday: Leftovers
- Saturday: Salsa Verde Quesadillas
- Sunday: Beef & Cheddar Zucchini Boats
* I’m going to work on getting a few of these recipes up on the blog too! Let me know in the comments which one you’d like to see first!
I will start these next week!
What healthy and fast meal is a family favorite for you?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016