I have a new recipe for you today that is probably going to be a regular in my summer mealtime rotation. It’s SO easy to make and it’s one of those recipes that will help make eating a rainbow super easy!
Simple Roasted Beet Salad is a great summertime staple because they tend to be “in season” from the end of summer to late October, but here in Vegas I have noticed they tend to be available all year round! It’s no secret I love beets – a passion that began with my favorite beet juice recipe and only grew from there. Even my 5 year old can’t resist my summer sunrise beet juice!
Roasting your beets is super easy! You can even toss them in with some potatoes if you like to meal prep for the weeks like I do!
What I love about this recipe the most is how colorful and flavorful it is. You can place the roasted beets on top of a bed of mixed greens and sprinkle with feta for even more flavor! The first time I made this salad I knew it was love at first bite, but when my 5 year old ate it all and asked for more it found it’s way into our favorite recipe box!
- 2 golden beets, tops removed
- 2 red beets, tops removed
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- salt to taste
- Aluminum foil
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Scrub the outside of your beets.
- Lay each beet over a piece of foil (cut a size that big enough to wrap them).
- Drizzle a tad of olive oil over the beet and then wrap each one separately.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour, or until they are soft when you do the "tooth pick test".
- While beets are baking, heat the vinegar, honey and salt in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring it to a boil and reduce the heat allowing it to simmer until it thickens and becomes bubbly.
- Once beets are out of the oven and cool enough to handle, peel them by using your hands or with paper towels. (Be aware - beets stain hands.)
- Slice each one into rounds, place them on a platter and drizzle with the glaze right before serving.
- Salt to taste.
Related articles across the web
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016