What a difference a year makes! K is now weighing in at 24lbs 1oz and 31 inches long!*
*(These are unofficial stats though because he got really sick right after the weekend, and lost almost a pound in a day. His 1 year well check turned into a sick visit. With a diagnosis of Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease and a UTI – poor baby! This is also the reason I have not been able to jump on here and do his 12 month entry. Another reason I haven’t been able to update the blog is we have selfishly been spending time as a family. Rob left this morning for Afghanistan again. He will be home for the holidays, but we are missing him crazy already!)
Things Squishy is doing at 12 months:
- Pulling up to standing all the time, and cruising along furniture. This has really truly baby-proofed our home! I am guessing he will be walking by 14 months.
- Started to say words. I am Mama, Rob is Bob! (Although two days before he turned 1 he did start saying Dada – he still calls Rob Bob!) He says Ball and This pretty often. He has said Bubble, Kiss, Done, Animal (his new lovey), and Fozzy (his other lovey), but he won’t repeat them like he does the other words. He also has many other words in his vocabulary, but only a baby translator could tell you what they are. 🙂
- Squishy is very curious, and very loving. He gives hugs and kisses to me and Rob. He has to be involved in what is going on, or he gets very upset. He plays well on his own, but also really loves to play with us. He is starting to enjoy books more, and still loves paper and boxes. He is my little bulldozer, and very single minded when he sees something he wants. Life with Squish is a daily adventure, a lot of fun, and better than I could have possibly imagined it would be.
I look forward to the months to come. I can’t wait to see what this year will bring. Now that K is 1 year old, I will stop doing monthly check-ups on him. (We don’t have any more month-day stickers to do either!) But I promise to keep everyone updated as he learns and explores our crazy Vegas Life!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016