This past weekend I spent 4 days in Nashville TN at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel for the BlissDom conference. Last year my wonderful friend Melissa from @SippyCupMom attended and said she was blown away by her experience there. While at EVO11 in Park City Utah, I met @DanicaKombol who told me Blissdom12 should really be on my radar.
The chance to attend this conference pretty much ended up happening all within 1 month of this past weekend. The stars aligned, I won a conference pass from Casey of @MooshInIndy, and found a way to get my hotel expenses covered by trading with a fellow blogger. Then Southwest Airlines ticket prices dropped $150 in one day (the day after we found out what our tax return was going to be) and my husband generously offered to purchase it. THANK YOU HUBS!
Suddenly I was going to BlissDom.
Yet in the weeks leading up to BlissDom I had some things going on in my personal life.
- I had several friends and a family member who were diagnosed/dealing with cancer, and one who was given only a few months to live.
- I had some serious talks with my husband on where I was planning to take my blog and how I was spending my time online. Somewhere during our conversations I realized two things. I couldn’t answer him, because (1) I didn’t know, and (2) I had no idea where the “me” was in my blog.
- I started having insomnia issues again.
- I could not seem to efficiently schedule my days.
- I found my life to be very unstructured, chaotic, and in need of an overhaul.
The night before I was supposed to fly to Nashville, I found myself in a complete and utter anxiety attack. I just felt like maybe I shouldn’t go. Maybe something “Bad” or “Awful” would happen. I couldn’t shake my feeling despite being mostly excited to go. I pretty much worked myself into a tizzy, slept 1.5 hours (fitfully), and got on a plane BlissDom bound. It wasn’t exactly the best way to prepare.
Turns out, nothing “Bad” or “Awful” happened.
I met A LOT of amazing, inspirational people.
I attended some amazing sessions. Met some really cool companies, and had a lot of fun. I got to hold Gary LeVox’s (Rascal Flatts) hand, take home Jon Don Rooney’s guitar pic, and even (huge thanks to @KristinaLibby) take home the BlissDom Rascal Flatts set list! SO COOL.
I watched grown women swoon over Joe Jonas, rap like Eminem, and dance up a storm. I got to hang with some of my blogging besties/awesome friends again! @SippyCupMom, @CarrieWithChildren, @BlueViolet, @CrazyCoolCrafty, and so many more!
I think @IamChrisMann might have flirted with me (although I am sure he talks to all the ladies like that), and I had a blogger whom I admired for quite some time recognize me and thank me for some work I did with a cause.
I also got to spend Sunday at the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville, where I decided officially I must have been a cowgirl in a former life while tearing up to “Country Through The Years.”
Even thought it was overall a phenomenal time, BlissDom was filled with ups and downs for me. I have a lot I am still trying to sort out the takeaways for my blog. I got some pretty great advice from some seriously cool people, and strengthened friendships with others I even found a moment in the chaos of the weekend to put my feet up!
I really couldn’t be more grateful for my time spent in Nashville. If anything I know there are going to be some big changes coming up in my life. I do know that had it not been for this conference I probably wouldn’t even be on the path to find my ultimate “bliss” in life and blogging. And that in itself is a pretty awesome thing to takeaway from one weekend in Nashville.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016