When I am looking at a baby carrier, I want one that is functional, safe and that will grow with my child. Buying a carrier can be an investment that will make your life easier, but it can be so much more than that too. Babywearing can help parents accomplish daily tasks as well as bond with baby.
I will start by telling you that until now, I have only ever had an Ergo, but I didn’t start using until my oldest son was just over a year old. (Actually my first carrier was narrow seat carrier that lots of parents start out with…but I quickly ditched it because I hated it!) That Ergo got me through many days, night, trips and family time. But then I was given the chance to check out the new Boba 4G carrier! I was excited because I’d heard over and over how comfortable the Boba carriers are.
The Boba comes in some fun patterns, with a total of 8 to choose from! I picked the Soho color and LOVE it! With having 2 boys, most of my gear is more boyish. So I like that this allows me to have something a little girly for me. There was so much more than just the carrier in the box when it arrived.
Here is what is included with Boba 4G:
- infant insert
- removable foot straps
- removable hood
- purse strap holder
Check out my Full Video Review!
My Favorite Features:
Things I love:
- The easy-to adjust center strap! With the sliding feature, it is so easy to adjust to just the right spot no matter what carry you are using.
- The very accommodating waist straps. With being a size 14/16 mom, I need a carrier that is comfortable and works for my body. This carrier fits the bill perfectly!
- Pockets: I love that the sleep hood has a zippered pocket that it can be tucked into. I also like that there is a pocket that I can slip my phone into and possibly my keys if I don’t have my purse along.
One of the first things I noticed when I put on the waist strap was how accommodating it is! It can accommodate a waist range of 25-58 inches. With my other carrier, I always had to have it as large as it can go. With the Boba, I have lots of room to spare. The next thing I notice, was how easy it is to adjust strap that secures the shoulder straps. They slide up/down making them so easy to adjust if you don’t have someone that can help you adjust the fit.
Another awesome part of the Boba 4G that is completely unique to this carrier is the innovative infant insert. The insert is to be used when your child is between 7lbs and 15lbs. It has 2 settings, one for babies between 7 and 10 lbs and one for babies between 10 and 15 lbs.
The first setting of the insert is used when your baby is 7 to 10 lbs, and is used folded and snapped together. This creates a little seat for your baby to sit on. One important thing to remember when using the insert in this position is their feet/legs should NOT be outside of the carrier!
The second setting using the insert is with it unfolded and is used when your baby is 10 to 15 lbs. With the insert fully open, is still creates a little seat, but this one is wider. When you use the insert in this position, it is okay if your child’s feet/lets are hanging outside of the carrier.
Ways You Can Carry Baby in The Boba 4G:
- Infant carry – with insert for newborns up to 15 lbs
- Front carry without insert – for babies 15+lbs
- Back carry for babies and toddlers 20 – 45 lbs
I received this carrier after my youngest was to large to utilize the infant insert, but I have used it many times for both a front carry and the back carry. I think I have used it more to get supper on the table on time than for any other time! When we get home in the late afternoon, all my youngest wants to do is be held. So that means that I either hold him and don’t get anything done or wear him and continue on my day!
So how does the Boba 4G score overall?
- Overall: A
- Ease of use: Super easy for anyone to use
- Style: A It has beautiful patterns to choose from!
- Age/weight range: A+ This carrier can and will get you from your first days with baby home all the way until they start kindergarten! (OK or until your child reaches 45lbs!)
- Comfort: A+ this carrier is so comfortable. When I carry my almost 5 year old in it, I don’t even notice the additional 40ish lbs that are on my back.
- Good for multiple users: YES! This carrier can be used by both myself (5ft4in) and by my husband (6ft4in)! With all the adjustable straps, we are both able to find a comfortable way to carry our kids in it.
This carrier is perfect if you are looking for a carrier that will be your only one! It’s pattern is fun, but also something both moms and dads will want to wear. The infant insert is very easy to use and small enough that baby isn’t overwhelmed by it. I’m busy, so the last thing I want is to spend time adjusting my carrier – with the Boba 4G I don’t have to. I love how easy it is to adjust to anywhere you need to, and how secure my children are while in it. Baby-wearing allows me to get stuff done, cuddle my youngest while playing with my oldest, make a meal, clean the house…the activities are never ending. 🙂
Connect with Boba!
Have you tried the Boba 4G? What is your favorite feature?