Looking for a Valentine’s Day Card box that your child can make all by themselves? Try this simple and fun castle using items you probably already have at home!
Supplies that you will need:
- 4 paper towel cardboard rolls (if you don’t have 4, you can use toilet paper rolls or even cut up a wrapping paper roll!)
- 1 – square tissue box
- Scrapbook paper (I used 12 x 12 sheets)
- stickers / stamps / decorative papers
- adhesive (we used a glue stick)
- Cut 2 12 x 12 scrapbook papers in 1/2 to be used for covering the paper towel rolls. My rolls were about 10.5 inches tall, so I trimmed the length to fit each roll.
- Using your adhesive, run a generous amount down the roll in a straight line.
- Cover your strip of adhesive with the edge of your paper and roll it around. To secure the other edge, run a line of adhesive along the inside edge of the paper and secure to the roll. Repeat on other rolls.
- Cut 1 12 x 12 scrapbook page in 1/2 to be used on the tissue box.
- To cover the tissue box, apply a generous amount of adhesive along the edges of one side of the box. Align your paper along the bottom edge and press to adhere to the box. It took me just over 1.5 of the 1/2 sheets to cover the box.
- After covering the sides, fold in the paper to cover the top.
- Now apply adhesive on each corner of the box, and attach the paper towel rolls.
- Once the towers adhesive has dried, and they are secure, start to decorate!
Once finished, the Valentine castle works great for your little one to collect his or her Valentines in!
For other Valentine’s Day posts, crafts, and free printables please check out these posts!
- I Love You Sign Language Craft
- Treat/Gift Bag Valentine’s Tags – Free Printable
- The Best Valentines Call Me “Mom” – Free Printable
- Love Robot – Valentine’s Day Card Box
- Valentine’s Day Ideas for Boys
Happy Valentine’s Day!