With Mother’s Day right around the corner, and gas prices near $4.00 per gallon, spending money on a trinket for mom may not be the best idea.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t give your mom a gift she’ll love. In fact, if you put your mind to it, there are many free options for mother’s day that your mom would love to have.
- Offer to run her errands for her a full week.
- Offer to take the kids to school in the morning.
- Take the family out of the house and allow her to have time just for her.
- If your kids are old enough, have them offer to pick up one extra chore each for that week. And tell Mom to put her feet up while the chores get done for her.
- Offer to get up with the kids for the next 4 Saturdays or Sundays and tell her to stay in bed. (Oh man, I am in heaven just thinking of this!!)
- Cook her breakfast in bed, and then take the kids out for the morning.
- Have the children draw her a picture.
- You (and your kids if they are old enough) could write a letter on why they think Mom is so great. Trust me – this will be a winner!
- Grab the camera and take the kids to the park. Ask a friendly face to take a picture of all of you. Print it out and frame it! Bonus points for getting a frame the kids can decorate!
- Call up her friend’s husband and plan a girls day/night out. This doesn’t have to be pricy, getting out of the house kid free to meet a friend for coffee or a movie will mean a lot, especially since you organized it.
- Take the family to your local gardening shop (Walmart, Target, Home Depot, and Lowes all have them). Pick up a few nice pots and some flowers. Plant them with your children, and surprise mom with some pretty potted flowers to decorate your front steps.
Mother’s Day doesn’t have to be about spending lots of money. There are many free and low cost ways to show mom you love her.
How are you spending your Mother’s Day?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016