Just before I left for Blogher I received a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the mail to check out and review.
The day it arrived, was like Christmas morning. I had been wanting a tablet for quite some time, and being a prior Samsung fan I had really high expectations.
(I currently use the Samsung 4G Galaxy S as my phone. Just ask my husband, I LOVE my phone.)
If the tablet was anything close to the quality of my phone, I knew I was going to be thrilled.
The moment I took it out of it’s box and powered it up, I was in lust! My hubs knew that look on my face too well! He knew I was done for.
Well, the time has come for me to return “my” tablet, and I am not happy about it one bit. It is almost like I am chopping off part of my technology arm!
Before I part with it, I thought it best to share this:
10 things I will miss most about “my” Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet.
(Samsung – if you want to send it back to me to keep, I just might love you forever!)
10. The sleek, sexy, slender feel of it in my hands. Holding this tablet is the bloggers equivalent to holding a designer purse. This this is stylish!
9. The portability of the tablet is as sexy as it’s sleek look. The tablet was so light, so thin, it fit into every purse I carry. Even my black go to Calvin evening purse carried my tablet without bulk.
8. The massive multitasking qualities. A true bloggers dream, this tablet makes multitasking easier then ever. I could blog, facebook, tweet, foursquare, and vlog all on the go without missing a beat!
7. Speaking of Vlogging – the camera on this bad boy even impressed my hubs! Check out how clear this video I took while driving to California is! You can even hear the radio in the background, and as far as tablets go the picture is super crisp!
6. While we are on the topic of of camera’s the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab virtually eliminated my need to carry around my camera! Check out the baby blues on my little man! The crispness of the Cars Land construction preview, or the sparkle of the Disneyland Fireworks!
Yep those were all taken with the 3.0 MP AF Camera with LED flash. While 3.0 MP isn’t much compared to your actual cameras, the pictures were clear, and did well in low light which is more than other tablets out there can do!
5. Not to mention the storage capibilty of “my” tablet. Looking at the tablet, you wouldn’t think it could hold so much! But it has a 16GB capacity, and if I wanted to be sure I had room for all my pictures all I had to do was make sure my SD card was in the slot and I could snap away to my hearts content.
4. Okay, so what about blogging from a tablet? I was asked this over and over again. People! Samsung makes this easy too with a 7” inch screen and full keyboard. You can also purchase a Keyboard doc if you are wanting to do more typing, but not wanting to lug your computer around with you. Let me tell you – if I owned this tablet, I wouldn’t need to take my laptop to blogging conferences.
3. Speaking of not wanting to lug my computer around with me to blogging conferences and vacations, with the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tab I don’t need to lug any books around with me either. A simple download of the Kindle app, and I am reading anywhere I want to. Did I mention how easy this tablet feels on your hands. So easy, I found myself lost in the story and not thinking about the way I was reading them!
2. The battery life is one that will make any blogger/parent happy. I used this tab the ENTIRE blogher11 weekend, and never had to plug-in! My phone died 3 times in this time frame. The 10.1 tab also boosts a 7 hour movie life!
1. And my #1 reason I am going to miss my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet? I knew I could prevent a toddler meltdown with a movie or educational application. Any parent will tell you – those added 5, 10, 20 minutes are a heaven sent.
Hmmm, maybe they won’t notice if I don’t send “my” tablet back…
Disclosure: I was sent a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet for my review. I was not compensated for my opinion/review. I was not required to give a positive review. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016
Xenia @ Thanks, Mail Carrier says
Squishy is just too cute, I love that he was all happy to be on camera but that Hubs… not so much. What a great tablet, it sounds like it has all sorts of awesome features!
Ashley @ Mama of All Trades says
You just made me even more excited to get my Galaxy tab next week!! I don’t know if we’ll be hooking it up to a phone service, but I’m sure it will be awesome just the same.
Rita O'Neal says
How exciting. I’m so sorry you had to give it back… I would’ve wanted to keep it too. We have both the iPad & the iPad2. (I gave my hubs the first one after I got the second one). As much as I love them, I would LOVE a tablet with Android! My phone is Android & I love, love, love it!
(cute family, by the way)