1. I am surprised at how good the water tastes from my Brita Pitcher. We have a filter in my fridge, and the water isn’t even comparable. The Brita water is really tasty. The taste difference really shocked me the first time I tried it. I won’t be switching back!
2. I am really surprise at how much of a difference I feel in my body.
- My headaches have become less frequent – I chalk them up to not knowing I was dehydrated.
- I no longer wake up in the morning feeling like I could drink my shower due to all the dry-ness of living in a desert.
- My energy levels have come up.
- I am spending less money on soda.
- I have lost a few pounds!
- Drinking my water daily makes me more conscious of what I eat. I find myself drinking a glass of water before I give into a craving. (Which really means I give into less cravings)
- I can tell the days when I am slacking on my water. I feel it in my whole body.
3. Even my son is drinking more water.
My son loves his “Ba-ba” aka Milk, aka Almond Milk. He has never been a juice kid. I let him try it once after he turned two, and he looked at me like I was poisoning him. He would drink water, but mostly he would play with it.
Now, since starting this challenge, my son asks for more water. “More water please mama? More water? No Ba-ba! Water!”
As I drink my water, so does he. He even likes to help me pour it out of my Brita Pitcher. He shares his water with his cars and trucks too. (Which is really a cute thing to watch, who knew they had mouth’s right?)
Not too long before I started this challenge, my son tried to drink some of my diet coke. Thankfully it was empty, but he is really into doing what his mama and daddy are doing. I remember wondering to myself then, what am I going to do when he asks for a soda? Why is it fair for me to drink them, and him not to be able to.
Drinking water isn’t just a healthy habit for you, it is a healthy habit for your kids too! Teaching my son how beneficial water is for your body, and all the many things your body uses water for is like laying the foundation for a healthy lifestyle.
So when you sign up to join the Brita Challenge, why not sign the whole family up too?
Still need some tips on how to get your 8-10 glasses in per day?
- Don’t be intimidated by the 8-10 number, think of it as 1 Brita Pitcher OR 3 Brita Water Bottles.
- Drink your water at Room Temperature – it goes down much faster!
- Try adding Lemon, Lime, or Cucumber to your water for taste.
- Drink 1-2 glasses of water prior to each meal.
Join me and take the Brita Challenge!
Disclosure: I wrote this post while participating in a blog tour conducted by Fitfluential on behalf of Clorox. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program but my opinions are my own and 100% honest. (I am really digging my Brita Pitcher!)
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016