I love reading with my son. We read everyday, for a minimum of 20 minutes a day, but often more than that. Reading helps my son to learn, grow, and explore his imagination.
As different holidays approach, I like to replace our regular reading books with books about that holiday. We have a plethora of Christmas books on hand for this season, but my son goes back for one particular book more than the rest.
The I SEE ME books are amazing. They are unique and extremely special to your child. Not only do they help develop a love of reading, they help your child learn their own name. Squishy LOVES saying his name every time I point to it in the story.
From the creators of I SEE ME: Our mission is to increase self esteem in children through personalized books that celebrate the uniqueness of each child. The goal of our books is to show each child how absolutely unique and special he or she is, to teach the child how to spell his or her name, and to build vocabulary skills. We hope that you enjoy the books!
Recently we received an I SEE ME book called “Squishy’s(*) Merry Christmas Book”. This book uses Squishy’s name throughout the story to tell a story of getting ready for Christmas.
(*) – Squishy is not the name we used, but I don’t use my son’s name on my blog.
From the I SEE ME website: My Very Merry Christmas is an adorable personalized board book with forest animals that come together to put on a very merry Christmas for your child. This keepsake book has a hard cover and durable board pages with charming illustrations of Goose, Chipmunk and other furry friends who deliver a note about your child to Santa. At the end of this delightful story, the animals circle the tree that they have adorned with your child’s name spelled out on the ornaments.
As an added personal touch, this beautifully illustrated book includes a personalized cover and a printed dedication from the sender. Made in the USA, this storybook is written by award-winning author Jennifer Dewing and illustrated by Mati Rose McDonough.
When ordering, we will ask you whether the book is being given to the child for his or her first Christmas.
* If you answer “no,” the title of your child’s book will be “[Child’s First Name’s] Very Merry Christmas.”
* If you answer “yes,” we will add the word “First” into the title of the book so that it reads, “[Child’s First Name’s] Very Merry First Christmas.” We will also change the text in the story to refer to the fact that it is the child’s very first Christmas. Take a virtual tour of the book with “first” Christmas on the cover and throughout the book.
My son loves seeing his name in the book, and asks to read it at LEAST two times a day. And any book that encourages him to read gets a huge thumbs up from me! I love that you can also add a personal message to your child in the beginning, making it something they will have forever.
This is the PERFECT holiday gift for any child on your list. You can purchase your I See Me Very Merry Chirstmas Book on the website for $24.99.
One lucky Family and Life in Las Vegas reader will win one for their family!
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for my personal review. No monetary compensation was given for my review. I was not obligated to give a positive review and all opinions are 100% honest and my own.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016