This past month has been pretty amazing for me when it comes to working out. I have been getting 4-5 workouts in per week, and still wanting more. I have added in weight lifting again, and I can’t tell you how much I LOVE it!!
I have also made February the month I go back to Bikram yoga. With the hubs home now this may actually be a possiblity.
I have been trying a beginning running program (despite the fact that I publicly stated I would NEVER be a runner), but it isn’t going so well. Endurance wise I am right there. Which is a huge change for me. I have never felt this good running. Which is why it is so frustrating that EVERY time I try to run my shin catches fire. The Doctor told me I have shin tendonitis (I first had issues doing a bootcamp in September.) He told me to do no impact. I followed that advice and gave it nearly a full month of rest, but the moment I started to do more HIIT or running, FIRE! Talk about frustrating.
The other day, I got through 4 rounds of 2 minutes running/3 minutes walking, and was in so much pain I was going to leave the gym defeated. It so happened as I was walking out, a spin class was starting. It was almost as if I was pulled to it. I had to go in. That 50 minutes refreshed me in ways that I forgot that spinning did. I love spinning, bc for 50 minutes I can push hard, really hard. Feel like I am going to die, and feel amazing at the same time!
Looks like February will be the month of Spinning and Bikram.
Last Friday while out with my friend Lolo and our families at First Friday LV, I spotted this sign.
That sign made me stop and think for just a moment. I am strong. I am stronger than a frustrating leg injury. I am strong enough to find a way to work around my injury and feel like I am I am still kicking my own ass.
And I am strong enough to stop emotional eating. (More on this in a later post.)
My workouts for the week of 2/6-2/12:
- Monday: 50 minute/15 mile Spin + Upper Body Lift A
- Tuesday: 30 minute Elliptical + Lower Body Lift B
- Wednesday: OFF (Hubs birthday)
- Thursday: 35 minute Elliptical + Upper Body Lift B
- Friday: 50 minute/15 mile Spin
- Saturday: 45 Elliptical + Lower Body Lift B
- Sunday: Bikram
What is your favorite workout?
Have you ever had a “I AM STRONG” moment? I’d love to hear it!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016