Road tripping with your family is pretty much a rite of passage that every family experiences at least once in there lifetime. If you are like my family, road tripping is something we like to do often.
Living in Las Vegas means that we are with in driving distance of many amazing destinations. In Squishy’s 2.5 years we have already made the trip to Hollywood/Disneyland/and the beaches of California a few times.
No matter where you are traveling, there are a few tips you can do to make road tripping with your family a little less National Lampoons and a little more memories of a lifetime!
7 tips for Road Tripping with Your Family
- Make a list of all important numbers and medications for your whole family in case of emergency.
- Pack snacks your family loves. This will not only cut down on travel costs, but also make sure you have something during the times when you don’t want to stop.
- Rent movies for the trip. If you don’t have a DVD player for your car, head to the library and rent some books on tape! This was always my favorite way to pass time on a road trip as a child.
- If you have younger children, have one complete change of clothing in an easy to access area. (Spills, accidents, illness, trust me – you don’t want to dig through luggage!)
- Head to the toy store (or dollar store) a bag of goodies your children can dive into when they are bored.
- If you have time mark out some tourist traps to let the kids run off energy and see unique.
- Create trivia questions about the place you are heading to visit. This will not only help them learn about a new place, but keep your whole family entertained for many hours!
If you happen to be lucky enough to be heading to Hollywood, consider staying at the family friendly The Magic Castle Hotel.
About The Magic Castle
In the heart of Hollywood there is a secret hideaway…a home away from home for travelers in the know. Completely renovated in 2004, it offers half a century of history, amazing proximity to Hollywood’s best attractions, and most importantly, the highest standards of customer service found anywhere in Los Angeles.
The Magic Castle prides itself on being “everything you need but more than you expect.” Some of the extra amenities include:
- Free snacks 24/7 they actually have a list of snacks that you can ask for. Candy bars, chips, crackers, sodas, water and anything else you can possibly think of.
- Most of the hotel rooms are apartments with full sizes kitchens.
- “White Gloved” (think butlers!) rosemary/mint towel service at the pool, and Popsicles for kids of all ages!
- Free access to the full sized gym that is located just around the corner from the hotel.
- Customer service above and beyond most expectations. If you need something, ask! They will work with you to get it done!
The Magic Castle Hotel is up for an About.com hotel award, and you can vote for your favorite Los Angeles family hotel 2012.
PLUS by helping them win this much deserved award you could win a chance to experience the hotel for yourself.
One lucky reader is going to win a 3 night stay at The Magic Castle in a one bedroom suite – a $640 value!! ( ends 3/21)
Disclosure: I have not had the fortune to stay at The Magic Castle, but would love to! I was not compensated in any way for this giveaway. All thoughts and opinions are 100% honest and my own!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016