This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Cottonelle, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #CottonelleHoliday http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO.
Is it me or do the holidays seem to get busier and busier each year? I love a good holiday party, but I don’t have the time to deal with all the added stress it can add. Especially when you add kids into the mix! That’s why I like to keep things simple when it comes to party planning and I’m always looking for ways to save time!
Here are 5 easy tips to save time and stress while hosting a holiday party for kids!
1. Start by picking a simple theme and running with it.
I love to focus on colors or a specific holiday item I know will be easy to carry through the party without going overboard. I also make sure I pick 3 things that I feel are most important to me. If those 3 things are highlighted and the center of the party, the other stuff is just icing on the cake! Themes that are easy for a holiday party include:
- Ornament Decorating Parties – Have guests create one of a kind easy to make Christmas ornaments that they can take home and cherish for years to come. I love these easy and fun Snowman Fingerprint Ornaments!
Get directions on how to make these easy DIY Christmas Ornaments.
- Cookie Exchanges – These are so fun and easy to do! Best of all you go home with a wide variety of holiday cookies to enjoy! Depending on the number of people invited have guests bring 5 or more cookies for each family.
- Gingerbread House Decorating – This is great for kids of all ages! Everyone will enjoy making their own special house to take home and decorate.
2. Make a list – check it twice!
Guest lists, invites, shopping lists, party décor, time lines… these can all be made into lists, or better yet one master list with several different categories.
Or if you are like me and seemly always on your phone, download an app on to your phone that will help you stay organized!
3. Keep Food Simple.
Kids aren’t super picky! A fun shaped sandwich goes a long way with the younger crowd. Check out Pinterest for ideas on simple party food ideas. I like to do one main protein and a few appetizers. Utilizing the crockpot makes it easy to keep food warm through the whole party. Having guest serve themselves buffet style also takes pressure off you. If you want something even easier make the party a potluck. Have your guests RSVP with the food they are bringing and you can fill in the missing items.
4. Pay attention to the little things.
Clean towels the bathrooms, places to store winter coats, and most importantly stock the bathroom with toilet paper. I prefer to buy Cottonelle Triple Rolls that I buy from Target. They are so much bigger than your standard toilet paper roll and the same price.
Let’s face it nothing says the party is over like no toilet paper – Especially with a house full of kids! Or worse yet, I don’t think there is anything more embarrassing for everyone involved than being stuck in the bathroom at a guests home with no toilet paper. So display the extra rolls in a creative way that also leaves them visible to your guests! Buy Cottonelle Triple Roll 12 pack or larger and get a FREE box of Kleenex Grab your COUPON now while supplies last!
5. Don’t forget to breathe, smile, and take lots of pictures!
The party is here, it’s time to enjoy yourself. You’ve prepped and planned, no sit back and enjoy the party knowing all your preparations will keep everyone happy and comfortable! Don’t forget to keep that camera handy! Kids grow up so quickly you’ll be glad you caught the moments spent with friends on camera!
I love this picture from the first holiday party for kids I attended when K was a baby. I even took home an handprint ornament that hangs on my tree and reminds me of how fun holiday parties with kids can be when they are planned right and organized!
What is your stress free holiday party tip?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016