It feels to me like it was just yesterday that I held you in my arms for the first time. I loved you before I met you, but you stole my heart and soul with your sweet squishy self.
A lot has happened in the past year!
Since your second birthday:
- You are now 37 lbs and just shy of 40 inches tall.
- You learned to potty like a big boy at 26 months old!
- You talk a lot, and most of it is coherent full sentences!
- You have developed a great sense of humor.
- You have been become more independent.
- You still love to snuggle in bed at night.
- You don’t sleep in in the morning anymore… (YAWN)
- You my love, are more stubborn then ever.
(I won’t tell you this now, but most times it makes me smile even if it is frustrating…)
- You love playing matching games and doing puzzles. You can do the 48 piece puzzles all on your own!
- You love to sing songs. I love your version of everything. All your songs get mixed together.
- You are an awesome dancer!
- You started your first of many summers of camp!
- You have the kindest heart and always concerned when people aren’t happy.
- You have a new “favorite thing ever” everyday.
- You love Mickey, Minnie, Goofie, Team Umizoomi, Peppa Pig, Captain America, Thomas, Percy, James, Kiki from Fresh Beat Band, The Muppets, The Hulk, Lightening McQueen, Mater, Mac… and several others depending on the day!
- You talk to your stuffed animals and have full conversations with your cars.
- You like to pretend to be a dinosaur, lion, or bear. Basically you like to roar!
- You love pancakes, but not pizza. Cucumbers, but not tomatoes, Turkey sandwiches, Mac & Cheese, and Soy Dogs.
- You still don’t like juice, but you insist on trying it all the time…
- You are going to be a big brother!
- You love to wrestle, but still now how to give the best hugs.
My dear sweet Squishy… I have to tell you, there will be no time, no place, no day that I won’t love and adore your hugs. I wish you an amazing 3rd year. Your father and I count our blessings everyday to have you in our lives. You are one of kind, amazing, and do anything you set your mind to.
Mama (& Daddy)
*Dear Squishy is my version of (a less than) Wordless Wednesday where each week I write a letter to my son.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016