Swedish Almond Pancakes
When I am looking for something different to cook for my family I often times turn to our heritage. Using recipes from Sweden is a fun way to teach my son about where our family came from, but it also almost always is a hit with my husband as well! This recipe came from a family love of pancakes, and my desire to create something healthier than a traditional pancake.
But substituting whole wheat flour for white flour and Almondmilk for cow’s milk I was able to give it a healthy boost. My favorite thing about using Silk PureAlmond Unsweetened Vanilla (30 calories) besides saving 50 calories per serving as compared to skim milk (80 calories) is the added calcium! Silk PureAlmond has 50% more calcium per serving as compared to cow’s milk.
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup Silk PureAlmond Vanilla
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Butter
- ¼ Almond Extract
- Lingonberry Jam (traditional topping)
- In large bowl whisk eggs until fluffy and blended.
- Add warm water, Almondmilk, almond extract, and melted butter.
- Slowly blend in the whole wheat flour and salt.
- Mix until smooth.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- Pour a thin layer of batter on skillet, and spread batter to edges.
- Cook until top surface of pancake looks to be dry.
- Cut into 2 or 4 sections, and flip with a spatula.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Roll each pancake up, top with Lingonberry Jam, and enjoy!
Nutritional Information per serving from Self.com Recipe Data http://nutritiondata.self.com
· Total Calories 206
· Total Fat 15g
· Total Protein 6g
· Total Carbohydrates 13g
Head over to the Silk US Facebook page to find some more tasty recipes!
I was compensated for this post by Silk Pure Almond through FitFluential. The above recipes, photography, and opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016