With summer quickly approaching so is BBQ season. During the summer I go to at least 4-5 events where I am tasked to bring something, and my favorite thing to bring is little individual patriotic parfaits. For me nothing says summer like this healthy treat. Not only is it really easy to make, but kids and adults both really enjoy it making them the ultimate crowd pleaser.
You can make it in a rectangle serving dish and allow people to spoon it out individually or you can make it in these super fun individual serving glasses. It only takes a few minutes to put together a lot of them, but they always turn out beautiful and look like you put a lot of effort into them.
I love the look of the patriotic parfaits in the champagne flutes, but if you wanted something a little easier to carry something like these square sample glasses would work great too!
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Optional Toppings: Chia Seeds or Granola
- Coconut Sugar (to sweeten berries if needed)
- Cut Strawberries into bite sized pieces.
- ** Optional - Sprinkle strawberries with sugar and let them sit for 1 hour. This will bring out the berry's natural juices.
- Put a spoonful of the chopped strawberries at the bottom of the glass.
- Add 1-2 spoonfuls of the Greek Yogurt
- Top with a spoonful of blueberries
- Add granola or chia seeds if you plan on using them
If you would prefer that your patriotic parfait is a bit sweeter you can do use one of these three options:
- Sprinkle your cut strawberries with sugar (I prefer coconut sugar for it’s low glycemic index. It’s also a rich source of potassium, magnesium, zinc, iron, and B vitamins.) which will help bring out the berry’s natural juices and sweeten your entire treat.
- Use a flavored Greek yogurt instead of plain.
- Use Stevia drops to sweeten the Greek Yogurt.
So next time you have to bring something to share at a summer BBQ – why not make this super simple, healthy patriotic parfaits!
Related articles across the web
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016
I would love to win the American Sniper giveaway!
Robin Rue (@massholemommy) says
Those are awesome. They are perfect for our Memorial Day cookout.
This looks like a light yet satisfying sweet treat… I have been trying to eat healthier and this would be great for me.
Mama to 5 BLessings says
My kids would really enjoy these. What a nice healthy snack!
Those look delicious. I’ll have to make these for our 4th of July bash. Thanks a lot!
Kelly Hutchinson says
Wow! You made this look so incredibly easy! I would have thought it took much more work to get such a treat!
Amy Desrosiers says
I love parfaits so much! These fruits are my ideal combination.
Liz Mays says
Crowd pleasing indeed! Wow I could use one of these with some granola.
Ann Bacciaglia says
These look so delicious and simple to make. They will be a great hit on the Fourth of July.
Sarah @ Must Have Mom says
Mmm, these look soo yummy! Thanks for sharing.
Those are delicious. I love parfaits with strawberries and blueberries
these are so pretty! what a fun dessert for two or more. happy holiday weekend!