What’s for breakfast? Why not an avocado smoothie? The healthy fat will keep you going well into lunch!
I’m a bit obsessed with avocados! Actually a lot obsessed. I consider them to be one of my favorite all time foods, so when I got the chance to ask Chef Pati Jinich who hosts the highly popular PBS series called Pati’s Mexican Table, all about avocados I jumped at the chance! After all avocados can be used for so much more than just guacamole! I love incorporating them into my breakfasts because they are packed with nearly 20 good for you nutrients, healthy fat, and they help stave off mid morning munchies! Whether I am cooking eggs, pancakes, parfaits, or smoothies, adding a fresh avocado from Mexico helps make my breakfasts amazing!
Check out my interview with Pati Jinich!
Did you know the USDA states 44% of Americans eat breakfast every day. This means over half of the American population skips the most important meal of the day! According to a recent study conducted by Harvard School of Public Health, “Skipping breakfast may lead to one or more risk factors, including obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes, which may in turn lead to a heart attack over time.”
Are you one of those who skip breakfast? You don’t have to be! Pati shared several breakfast ideas that incorporate Avocados! Plus make sure you check out this amazing Rise and Shine Avocado Smoothie Recipe! It’s SO yummy!
- 1 ripe avocado from Mexico, pitted, meat scooped out and diced
- 1 cup diced ripe mango, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup mixed berries (such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- ½ cup spinach leaves
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- chia, flax seeds, more berries to serve as garnish, optional
- Place all ingredients, from the avocado to the orange juice, in blender and process until smooth. Garnish with chia seeds, flax seeds and/or more berries if desired.
(Recipe and photo by Chef Pati Jinich (www.patismexicantable.com) for Avocados From Mexico.)
Not sure an avocado smoothie is right for you? Check out these other delicious breakfast ideas – all made with the amazing avocado!
Chopped Egg and Avocado Breakfast Sandwich (Get for lunch too!)
What is your favorite way to enjoy Avocado?
(All recipes and photos by Chef Pati Jinich (www.patismexicantable.com) for Avocados From Mexico)
ABOUT PATI JINICH:
Pati Jinich was born and raised in Mexico and comes from a family of accomplished cooks. She is the host of a highly popular PBS series called Pati’s Mexican Table, a culinary program which consists of cooking demonstrations, tasting dinners and workshops, and has appeared on The Chew, The Talk, The Better Show, The Today Show. Jinich has also been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Eater, and The Daily Meal.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016