** I’m hosting a Diet Bet that starts on 9/16! I’d love to have you join! Last time we had a combined weight loss of 721lbs and people won over $50! Join in at http://www.dietbetter.com/knightlife! $25 to play, 4 weeks to lose 4% of your body weight! I loved the support of the last group! JOIN HERE!**
How is it possible that I am already at the end of my 6th week of my half marathon training? That seems really crazy to me! Perhaps even more crazy is that I only have 10 weeks until the Rock N Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon! 10 WEEKS!!
This week was better than last. Since I’ve been awful about blogging (this deployment is kicking my butt! I simply can’t find time for everything!) I thought I’d recap my last 3 weeks really quickly.
- Monday: Yoga
- Tuesday: 3.08 (slow) miles outside pushing D in the BOB
- Wednesday: 2.2 Miles – Sprint Work on the treadmill (I LOVED THIS WORKOUT!!)
- Thursday: Off Day
- Friday: 2.96 Miles on the treadmill. Was supposed to be 3.5 but I was racing the clock and the gym closing!
- Saturday: 2.5 Miles on the treadmill. Was supposed to be 5, I could barely eek out 2.5 due to extreme shin pain.
- Sunday: Rest/Ice Shin
Total Miles: 10.74
Total Miles Planned: 13.5
While I didn’t reach my goal I’m not sure I’ve ever run 10 miles in a week before so there is that!!
- Monday: Rest/Ice
- Tuesday: 3.5 miles outside pushing D in the BOB
- Wednesday: Unplanned Off… Life and the kids got in the way. I should have gotten on my elliptical, but I was upset and skipped it. Typing that makes me sound as silly as my kids were acting that day. No Excuses!
- Thursday: 3.4 HOT HOT HOT (106 degrees) miles run/walk outside with the BOB. This workout kicked my butt! It was my first run on this route and it has a pretty nice incline on 1/2 of the course, and the heat got to me. I walked way more than I wanted, but I got it done.
- Friday: Yoga/Strength Training (TODAY)
- Saturday: 5 miles! I did it! Officially the furthest I’ve ever run at one time!
- Sunday: Walk 2 miles (Done at a convention center and I’m pretty sure I did more than that!)
Total Miles: 13.9
Total Miles Scheduled: 16 No more missing my sprint day!! I would have done it on Friday, but I didn’t want to push my shin too much which is still pretty sore after Thursday’s run. That said I’m so proud of myself for finishing 5 miles on Saturday. I even felt like I could have possible gone a little bit more (which is good since next week I have 6 miles!)
- Monday: Conference – This is walking 1 million square feet of expo space from 9am-4:30 pm. By the time I got home, the kids were wiped from being at safekey/daycare so we didn’t push it for the gym. I’m pretty sure I walked close to 3-4 miles each day.
- Tuesday: Conference
- Wednesday: Conference
- Thursday: OFF. I had planned 3.5 miles after K’s doctors appointment. However, we sat in traffic for 2 hours, and his appointment was 2.5 hours. Life!!
- Friday: 2.5 Miles
- Saturday: Planned 6 – Didn’t happen due to sick baby. 40 minutes on home elliptical instead.
- Sunday: Planned 6 – Had to cancel babysitter due to sick baby. 60 minutes on home elliptical instead.
Total Miles: 11.5-13.5 estimated (mostly walking not running as planned)
Total Miles Scheduled: 13 Life happens. I can’t control that. If my husband was home and not deployed I’d likely have been able to get my running miles in. But I can’t drag sick/tired kids to the gym. It’s not fair, and I’m okay with that. I will just do my best next week and hope that the extra weeks I was able to put into my training plan will balance this week out.
This week I have my first “real” 5k race on Saturday. I’ve done fun runs in the past, but this one is a memorial run and it’s in the Red Rock area in Vegas so I’m hoping it’s pretty! I also have 10 miles planned in addition to that race. I am hoping for a pain free and issue free week.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016