My brother made this for me when I was staying for him last year, and it is always a big hit! I thought I would share my brother’s super easy Chicken Piccata. I don’t know why I thought this dish would be difficult, maybe because it tastes so good! I like to serve it with asparagus on the side, but my brother likes to serve it with pasta!
- Boneless Chicken Breast – sliced horizontally into two pieces
- 1 Shallot – minced
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp capers
- 3 Tbsp Butter (half for frying, half for sauce)
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice chicken breast horizontally into two pieces. Salt and pepper each side. Add oil and half of butter to frying pan and heat on medium-high until melted and hot. Do not let it burn!
- Drop chicken breast into a plate of flour and coat both sides well. Shake off excess flour. Add breasts to fry pan. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown on each side.
- Remove breasts from pan and place them on a paper towel.
- Turn heat down to medium-low. Add shallots to fry pan and stir. Cook until shallots are transparent and aromatic. Scrape up brown bits from pan with spatula. Add chicken broth to pan and turn heat back up to medium-high. Reduce to half (which will happen quickly). Add lemon juice and capers and reduce a bit more. Add remaining butter and whisk it into the sauce.
- When melted add chicken back to fry pan and coat well. Reheat for approximately 30 seconds.
What is your favorite way to cook chicken?
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016