One of my major goals now that Kellan is starting to eat what we eat is to start meal planning on a regular basis. While my husband is out of the country, I am pretty lucky to have my sister-in-law Kim living with me and doubly lucky because we have very similar tastes in food.
When grocery shopping I have major issues with overspending, in that I don’t always check what I have in the house. I also tend to cook more than we need, and really am not a fan of leftovers.
So when I saw that Laura over at I’m an Organizing Junkie was hosting a menu plan Monday I decided I needed to link up. She offers wonderful tips, and I am hoping it will help me to meet my two main goals in meal planning:
1. Sticking to a list while in the grocery store.
2. Offer my family healthy meals organic meals that fit within our monthly food budget.
I plan on including both my meal plan for the week as well as my grocery list. Here goes nothing!
Ranch Turkey Burgers on Sandwich Thins
Offered with tomatoes and cheese
Organic Frozen Mixed Veggies
Sweet Potato Fries
Quinoa and Brown Rice w/seaweed
Leftovers/Fix Your Own Dinner Night
Make your Own Pizza night (using Flat Outs)
Leftover Chicken from Greek night
Organic Green Beans (Frozen)
Fresh Fruit Salad
Organic Spring Mix Lettuce
Organic Red Pepper
Organic Seasonal Fruit
Diet Coke/Caffeine Free Diet Coke (I know – it’s a bad habit…)
Yo Baby Yogurt
Total Weekly Allowance $50
**Everything else on my menu is already at my home.
Wish me luck! I hope we stick to this list!!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016