In my previous Baby-Wearing posts I have talked about how much I adore baby-wearing, and my love for Wrap Carriers.
Today I would like to talk to you about Soft-Structured Baby-Carriers. (SSC) More specifically, the ergobaby.
So what is a Soft-Structured Carrier (SSC)? It is pretty much a Mei Tai with buckles. The buckles allow ease in use, and really is one of the simplest carriers to use. (My Opinion) Don’t get me wrong – I love my Wrap Carrier, and my Ring Sling, and my Mei Tai. But I love them all equally and for different reasons.
There are a few different SSC on the market, but I love, and adore my ergobaby. I have tried the others, and they are nice, but they aren’t an ergobaby. It is my number one recommendation when it comes to the SSC. I would however encourage you to decide what features you are looking for in your carrier, and if you can try on the carriers. Everyone is different. I know if you purchase an ergobaby, you will be really happy with your purchase.
Things I love about the ergobaby.
- You are so easy to use.
- You are so comfortable to wear (especially longer wears).
- You are pretty, but not girly (which makes for some great Daddy Baby-Wearing).
- You are easy to clean, and look as good as the day I opened you up.
- You make traveling with a infant/toddler a breeze. (I have NEVER had to remove my baby to go through security.)
- You are versatile. From the infant insert, to hip carrying, to back carries – you do it all!
- You make wearing my 31.8 lb 22 month toddler a breeze.
- You aren’t only a mommy’s dream, but a babies too. My Squishy loves the ergo.
You can wear baby on the front (facing parent only), hip, and on your back. You can not forward face your baby in this carrier.
The only thing I am not very fond of is that it isn’t very plus sized friendly. Sure this fit great after I lost my baby weight, but it was very tight prior to that. (Update: with my second baby I couldn’t even wear this carrier postpartum.) Soft Structured carriers are wonderful for older babies and toddlers. Most of them go up to 40lbs + for weight limits. The most important thing about baby-wearing, and choosing a carrier is that you and your baby are comfortable. Other popular Buckle Carriers are Beco, and Boba.
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016