Sometimes keeping a toddler active can be challenging. They seem to have a never-ending supply of energy. But finding simple, fun, and educational activities to keep your toddler fit doesn’t have to be hard. In fact some of the most fun moments I have had with my son have been doing simple activities.
1. Ring around the Rosy. – or other games like Duck Duck Goose. Added Benefit: Aerobic activity, listening skills
2. Pretend – Pretend to be animals, vehicles, people… use your imaginations. Added Benefit: Creativity Boost.
3. Ball Play – See who can throw the furthest, play catch, kick, run around the balls. Added Benefit: Hand-Eye Coordination
4. Hide and Go Seek. (Although hiding can be hard for a toddler…) Added Benefit: Memory skills
5. Head, Shoulders Knees and Toes – ask your child to show you both on their body and yours. Try speeding up the song to make it silly and more aerobic. Added Benefit: Hand Eye Coordination, Building Vocabulary
6. Dancing – Turn on music, and just be silly. Added Benefit: Boosting Creativity
7. Go for a walk – Leave the stroller at home! While out change your pace, hop on one foot, or walk on lines. Added Benefit: Aerobic Activity, Coordination, Listening skills.
8. Play Stop and Go – encouraging your toddler to stop and go on command. Added Benefit: Helps to teach toddlers the meaning of the words as well.
9. Rope Play – Jump over the rope, go under the rope, throw the rope while holding one end and reel it back in. Added Benefit: Aerobic Activity, Balance, Coordination
10. Line Play – Draw a line with chalk, and have your toddler walk on the line. Then add more lines. Added Benefit: Balance, Coordination, Following Directions.
This is my first time linking up with Oh Amanda and Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks to Tara for the inspiration to join in!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016