You can’t turn on your TV, radio, or walk the streets without being bombarded with ads about the latest and coolest smartphones. In our home we all own Android phones.
One of the best selling points of the smartphone is the thousands of amazing apps being created to make your life easier.
However, it is easy to become overwhelmed by the amount of apps at your fingertips! Not to mention trying to decide which ones will be deemed worthy to grace your phone.
That is why I am going to share three Health and Fitness apps that I use on my android phone!
1. Instant Heart Rate Monitor – This is a super cool app! I found it a few weeks ago and love it! I love that I can track my heart rate, and share it via my social networks! There is both a free version and a full version of this app. ($2.99) I have been using this as I have not picked out which Polar Heart Rate Monitor I am going to use yet… but even when I do, I will still use this for resting heart-rate tracking!
Instant Heart Rate enables you to measure your heart rate with your phone.
★ The best Health & Fitness app on Mobile Premier Awards 2011 according to jury of industry experts ★
Instant Heart Rate is the most accurate Heart Rate Monitor app for any smartphone and it does not need any external hardware. Use it for optimizing your exercise and to track your progress.
How to use:
Place the tip of your index finger on phone’s camera and in a couple of seconds your Heart Rate will be shown.
A real-time chart will show your every heart beat.
It uses your phones built-in camera to track color changes on the fingertip that are directly linked to your pulse. This is the same technique that medical pulse oximeters use.
Now you have a chance to track your fitness and health every-time with just your phone.
Your resting heart rate gives you a view into your hearts fitness. The fitter you get the lower your heart rate will be.
“… better than any fitness app on the iPhone”
-Bob Tedeschi,New York Times
* Free Weight Loss Trainer and Calorific diet add-ons make weight loss with your phone easy
* Seamlessly tracks indoor/outdoor activities – calories, GPS, pedometer
* Integrated voice output & music player
* Friend activity feed to motivate you
* Workout schedule with reminders
* First mobile Google Health partner
* Heart rate monitor – see & record heartrate with Polar’s Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor and use Fat Burn Zones
* Racing, high score
* CardioTrainer Pro with interval workouts
3. Daily Ab Workout – This app is available in both a free version and a paid version ($.99). The paid version has a second 5 minute workout included. I love this for days when I can’t seem to get my creative juices flowing to come up with my own workouts. (They also have a Daily Arms Workout, Daily Cardio Workout, and a Daily Butt Workout with both free and paid versions. They are great for workout while traveling!
Want to strengthen and tone your abs in just 5 minutes a day?
Daily Ab Workout is a great 5 to 10 minute daily ab routine for men and women that steps you through ten of the best ab-sculpting exercises. These proven exercises, demonstrated by a certified personal trainer, target all major abdominal muscles. Spending just minutes a day can strengthen your core and tone your abs.
The routine’s simple interface, complete with video and timer, allows you to easily follow along and understand each exercise.
Do you have a favorite Fitness or Health App?
Let me know! I am sure I will add more as time goes on!
Latest posts by Emily (Posts)
- Don’t Call It A Comeback - February 7, 2019
- The Little Prince at The Smith Center Las Vegas – Ticket Giveaway - January 31, 2017
- 3 Simple Ways To Add Color To Your Diet @SUBWAY @OfficialSubway - January 13, 2017
- Disney’s Moana in Dolby Cinema at AMC Movie Review - November 27, 2016